Sitcom Trials 2009 Page 15

I think it may be a health and safety thing. I know he talked to Simon prior to contacting me.

Since I managed to forget to ask Dec and Si about getting a seat, I'll probably be missing the final of The Sitcom Trials (gasp). However I've already booked my train ticket and I'm in London during the day working. So, I shall be around and, if I don't make it into the show, I'll be holding court in the pub round the corner. Would be delighted to see any fellow Sitcom Trials fans who can't make it into the audience. If anybody wants to make it an old-school Sitcom Trials reunion, get in touch, you should know where to find me.

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Ponderer is right. We can't let people stand at the back for health and safety reasons. There are 25 actors in the final along with 5 writers and 5 directors all of whom want tickets. If each person has just 1 friend standing at the back that would mean 35 extra people (and it only holds 55!)

The Theatre management would go bananas. Understandably.

I'm gutted I can't make Wednesday, as I'd loved to have watched the final. The quality of this year's entries has been so high, so the audience should be in for a lot of laughs.

I'm not too upset though - as I'm sure we'll see one or two of them on the TV at some point!

I wish all those with sitcoms in the final, plus those performing/directing the best of luck. Also, thanks and congratulations to Simon and Declan for a great series and for lining up some really impressive judges for the final!

It's all sold out but I may come up to meet up with anyone else there in a local pub.

I'll be there about 6.30 so anyone going to the 5 o'clock could join up after it finishes. Who's up for it?

Good luck to all of those involved in the final. :)

Well done to everyone involved last night. It was great fun to watch and I hope something comes of this for you all.

Big thanks to Simon and Declan organising the whole thing too - no mean feat I'm sure.

It was also lovely to see the writers and fellow BCGers again, or for the first time! Hackers, Ponderer, Chappers, Renegade Carpark, SwerytD et al. A top bunch of peeps.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) watching the final in the bigger theater next year!

Jx

Congratulations to Declan and Simon for an excellent Sitcom Trials final last night. I was there for the 5 o'clock show and am glad I didn't have to judge as the 5 sitcoms were so very close (I'll leave it to Dec & Si to tell you the results if you don't already know).

After the 7 o'clock show, and announced at very short notice, the results presentation took place in the main auditorium of the Leicester Square Theatre, rather than the Basement which had been packed to overflowing for both shows. The combined audiences, and casts, made a sizeable crowd in the big room and bode well for seeing maybe the actual final taking place there in the future.

Martin Witts of the LSTheatre opened the announcements, and it was good to be mentioned and thanked in the introduction, then prizes were announced for Best Actress, Best Actor and Winning Sitcom. Needless to say I had tipped other winners in all three categories, it really was such a high standard that it was hard to call anyone a loser.

The panel of judges were of the highest calibre and I trust all the writers and performers will be getting work off the back of this showcase. This season certainly seems to have delivered what Declan and Simon were working towards and I look forward to hearing their plans for the future.

Kev F Sutherland
Creator & Exec Producer
The Sitcom Trials http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Is anyone going to mention who won?

Quote: David Bussell @ May 14 2009, 10:48 AM BST

Is anyone going to mention who won?

Renegade Carpark SHOULD have won.

Congratulations to the mystery winner! :)

Thanks!

Woo hoo! Tell us all about it!!

Quote: Ben @ May 14 2009, 10:58 AM BST

Renegade Carpark SHOULD have won.

Ben, you are beyond uber cool. Cool

Once again I met some people from this forum and once again, they were all lovely and groovy - especially Jane P, SwertyD and Chappers. I'm now looking forward to the next BSG social gathering.

Really high standard of both writing and acting in the finals. I wouldn't like to have been a judge. Simon and Declan did a superb job with the competition and just to sound super cheesy 'they were all winners on the night'.

Looking forward to the next Sitcom Trials.

Thanks to everybody for your generous comments. We're not making a fortune (yet) doing the Trials so we're surviving on praise.

Won't keep you in suspense any longer.

The winner was FROM RIGA TO ROTHERHAM by Dean Hardman
There was a tie for second place with TRAINSPOTTING by Graeme Knowles and WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
4th place went to Jules Bower's brilliantly original THE HOUSE ON CEDAR ST with BOARDERS by James Parker in last place.

As Kev said the standard was really high. We owe an enormous debt to all our actors/actresses who worked for nothing, to our directors and writers, to Martin Witts of the Leicester Square Theatre and so many others.

There was a stellar turnout from industry and the message is clear; we have to do it again.

Simon and Declan

PS please don't submit any scripts just now. We'll let you know all the details of submitting for next year's round on this forum.