Sitcom Trials 2009

I thought this could use a new thread. The previous one was all about writing and submitting, let's have a new one covering the actual event as it unfolds over the next couple of months.

Looks like the first round of the Trials is all organised, according to their website http://www.every1sacritic.com/Home.html, so well done Simon/Dec/Kev.

Are any of the below writers BSGers?

10 quid admission ... ouch! It's not going to be cheap to drag an army of mates along at that price, especially if you make it through to more than one round. But I guess West End venues don't come cheap.

THE SITCOM TRIALS

Grand opening Feb 4th at the Leicester Square Theatre.

Yes, in less than a month we'll be showing the first round of our winning sitcoms.

They are:

All I NEED IS A F**K BUDDY by Lydia Parker and Maureen Oakley

BOO! by Brian Scolaro

DESPERATE MEN by James O'Shea

THE PUMPKINGS by Ben Davies

[details of sitcoms omitted, see website]

7:00 show.

Tickets on the door £10/£8

£10 should stop the 'mates' vote' then, Griff!

;)

Dan

Swertyd has got poor friends la la la!

Swertyd has got poor friends la la la!

So do I, which is half the reason I didn't enter.

Mine is on the 11th.

I am reliably informed they are trying to find an alternative/better way of judging this year than a mate count. As I'm not London based and have many offensive habits I'm all for that.

Alright, I'm in, but don't expect to hear me laughing.

How much do you charge for laughing? I might let you know when mine's on.

A quid for each titter and a fiver for my arsehole.

By which I mean a guffaw.

Well don't expect to get rich from my sitcom.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 15 2009, 1:43 PM GMT

A quid for each titter and a fiver for my arsehole.

By which I mean a guffaw.

So that's why you laughed when (Random BSGr) gave you a fiver at the meetup.

I still have no idea when mine is on. I emailed Simon about it and haven't got a response yet. :(

Yep, I'm in there on the first night with 'Desperate Men'. They're changing the voting system, so it won't be about who can bring the most mates. Which is a shame as I'm London based and have loads of friends.

If I do make it through to the very end (unlikely) and my sitcom is picked up and I become all rich and famousy - then you can say - Hey! I remember him, he posted all those semi-literate, badly spelled, half drunken rants on the BSG Forums - what a freak.

Despite the fact that I want to win, I will publicly wish every entrant the best of luck and congratulate them for making it this (thus?) far.

Well done Renegade! Hope you have a great night, and as the only person I "know" in the first four, hope you win!

Yeah I got that email from Simon and Dec, good for them. Even though I could also rustle up a fair crowd, I am glad they're moving away from audience vote.

Actually the new voting system came from BSG! - zooo suggested it in a thread last year, and I emailed the idea to Simon.

Mind you, Kev's poster for the Sitcom Trials suggests the audience vote is still very much in place:

I may be popping my head in for a look. I will loudly proclaim that nothing there is as good as Gavin And Stacey. And snigger. Like a twat.

Ten quid's a lot of money to spend on getting a sound kicking. Why not just go down your local and start a fight instead?

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2009, 2:57 PM GMT

Ten quid's a lot of money to spend on getting a sound kicking. Why not just go down your local and start a fight instead?

It's good to have a bit of variety.