Horne & Corden Page 5

I hope this is good as I'm a G&S fan. I'm slightly worried that a few trailers I have seen have had the same 'James Corden is fat' joke at heart or a gay theme. Hopefully, there is a lot more to it than that.

I thought I would have to be the piss thrower for this dream pairing, but the buckets are already lined up. Excellent.

Quote: Aaron @ March 4 2009, 6:36 PM GMT

Err, I think you'll find that that is just his laugh. Perhaps you should be blaming the producer and editor for not toning him down a bit in post.

Nah it was like:

OH MY LORD!!! A LEMON!!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!

Ah. Well that is perhaps a little over the top then!

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ March 4 2009, 11:47 PM GMT

Nah it was like:

Was he in front of a mirror?

I really want this to be good. BBC Three has churned out so much poor comedy (especially re: sketch shows) that one hopes they've got some shit hot material saved up to roll out with this vehicle.

*crosses fingers*

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ March 4 2009, 11:47 PM GMT

Nah it was like:

I've seen him on many shows and he has the same laugh as Ricky Gervais. I really don't think it's for show, it's just like how Gervais laughs on all his podcasts and radio shows.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 4 2009, 11:12 PM GMT

I hope this is good as I'm a G&S fan

I hope it is too, not just for the fans but because of what Micheal Jacobs wrote in one of his blogs about costs;

"The BBC currently has three comedy tariffs. The most expensive is £250,000 to £300,000 per half hour. Mid-range is £170,000 to £250,000, and the lowest tariff is £50,000 to £170,000"

Wonder what this six part series cost?

Hmm how much for my innovative new show involving me choking myslef with a stocking, whilst wearing a pirate hat and staring blankly into the camera?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 4 2009, 11:24 PM GMT

I thought I would have to be the piss thrower for this dream pairing, but the buckets are already lined up. Excellent.

The amount of piss thrown at the two of them they could open a tanners.

Obscure tradesman joke. Like it!

Quote: sootyj @ March 5 2009, 10:42 AM GMT

Hmm how much for my innovative new show involving me choking myslef with a stocking, whilst wearing a pirate hat and staring blankly into the camera?

Surely that's just a documentary on the death of Michael Hutchence.

They're okay but will be forgotten with time because they are just not good enough to last more than than three years in the spotlight. Mainly I think through their cockiness. Gavin and Stacey is extremly overrated hence Corden isn't the comic God he believes himself to be. But in saying that he does seem like quite a nice person.

Ah, sketch shows again...

The best sketch shows have by and large NOT been written in the majority by the performers.

If you want a really great sketch show, you choose a group of really great performers, have a huge pool of writers submitting sketches to a very alert writer (not producer) who culls them into 6 episodes.

Also, the fashion in sketch shows is now to theme them. No-one has ever given a good explanation as to why.

Working to a concept is clever. It takes more skill to create a whole series of individual sketches around one restrained theme, than a series of unconnected ones. Sets the writers and producers apart from everyone else, as being of a higher creative level. Apparently.

:/

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 8 2009, 10:42 PM GMT

The best sketch shows have by and large NOT been written in the majority by the performers.

League Of Gents, Fast Show, Not Only But Also, Python, Kids In The Hall, Mr Show, Fry And Laurie, The Day Today. For me, with a very few exceptions, Big Train springs to mind, the very best sketch shows have in fact in the main been written by the performers!