CHRISTMAS! Page 27

Tonight I was invited to have Christmas dinner at 4 different neighbors' houses. They all know that I'm living alone and individually invited me to spend the evening with their families. I love this neighborhood.

(I expect that all the women will get together and drink wine while the kids try out their new toys and the fathers drink lots of beer and smoke cigars.)

Have just finished working with my youth actors on a panto and performed a Christmas special of my stage sitcom as part of a Christmas Cabaret. Finally getting to the epic Christmas cooking quest. Merry Christmas to all!

;) Still have stuff to do, but Hey, Merry Christmas from me and Fred! ;)

Quote: DaButt @ December 24 2011, 3:09 AM GMT

Tonight I was invited to have Christmas dinner at 4 different neighbors' houses. They all know that I'm living alone and individually invited me to spend the evening with their families. I love this neighborhood.

Are you going to go them all, like the Vicar of Dibley?

I'm going to try. If not, I'm leaning toward the family which is cooking a turducken (a chicken stuffed inside a duck that's stuffed inside a turkey.)

;) Greedy buggers, but all the best Butt!

Quote: DaButt @ December 24 2011, 11:05 AM GMT

I'm going to try. If not, I'm leaning toward the family which is cooking a turducken (a chicken stuffed inside a duck that's stuffed inside a turkey.)

Mmm, turducken, sounds delicious. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ December 24 2011, 11:05 AM GMT

(avoids obvious Dubya joke, it is Christmas after all)

Sounds lovely though and delightfully 19th century. Will you have a smoking jacket and handlebar moustache when you and the other chaps leave the ladies?

I thought I would give myself a warm feeling inside by buying the Big Issue. Big mistake; instead of a cheery "God bless ya, guvnor!", the seller insisted on actually talking to me! Unless she can find £600 by close of Christmas Eve it seems her and her child are to be evicted with no one to take them in. I briefly considered saving Christmas, but then realised that I am not that impulsive, trusting or generous. Ho ho ho. :(

Oh gawd. :(

Quote: Timbo @ December 24 2011, 12:22 PM GMT

I thought I would give myself a warm feeling inside by buying the Big Issue. Big mistake; instead of a cheery "God bless ya, guvnor!", the seller insisted on actually talking to me! Unless she can find £600 by close of Christmas Eve it seems her and her child are to be evicted with no one to take them in. I briefly considered saving Christmas, but then realised that I am not that impulsive, trusting or generous. Ho ho ho. :(

Well done as that is frankly bollocks

who on earth pays bailifs double time at Christmas?

Quote: Timbo @ December 24 2011, 12:22 PM GMT

I thought you actually had to be homeless to sell the Big Issue? I'd have asked for a refund.

That is a rather good point...

I'm sure sooty will enlighten us.

Home made mince pies and sausage rolls here.
No In laws until Boxing Day. Bliss. :D

Santa has left the North Pole http://www.noradsanta.org/en/
Christmas has offically started at Riley Towers. I'm off to mull some wine and distract offspring while Spouse finishes wrapping presents.

Have a good one to all BCGers. Wave

Quote: sootyj @ December 24 2011, 12:29 PM GMT

Well done as that is frankly bollocks

who on earth pays bailifs double time at Christmas?

I did feel she was laying it on a bit thick, and she is Romanian, and well they have a reputation... But frankly I would sooner be ripped off occasionally than become entirely untrusting. It was just a rather big ask, part with six hundred oncers or take in a Romanian single parent family for Christmas...

Anyway, I apologise for sharing my liberal middle class guilt. Back to the mince pies everyone.

PS On Chip's point I do not think that the moment that they take you find a roof over your head they take your Big Issue sellers badge away.