CHRISTMAS! Page 26

Quote: Leevil @ December 22 2011, 7:14 PM GMT

Google 'Christmas' Or 'Santa Claus'.

Google "Hanukkah".

Tried to do Christmas shopping for family tonight. Ended up with body wash for two people. Still need something to go with both and something for a third person....I'm thinking bodywash. No one gave any hints this year so will be their problem if they aren't happy.

I recommend if you find yourself in Lush and want to save pennies, get the magic wand. You swish it in the water to make bubbles and it lasts about 5 - 10 baths. Plus it looks cute.

I've left it all to the last minute this year which is why I spent 3 hours in ASDA tonight. I wasn't even buying any food, just booze. Was chaos.

Why do some families still insist on going together to the shops on the busiest days of the year? Does it really take 6 of you to do the shopping?

I think shops should impose a 1 person per family limit.

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 23 2011, 8:12 PM GMT

I've left it all to the last minute this year which is why I spent 3 hours in ASDA tonight. I wasn't even buying any food, just booze. Was chaos.

Why do some families still insist on going together to the shops on the busiest days of the year? Does it really take 6 of you to do the shopping?

Ditto. But I'd impose the ban all year round.

I hear ya sister. I despise the gormless husbands that are dragged round the supermarkets, they should grow a pair and refuse to go, head to the pub, or for a spot of golf and leave the shopping aisles to the profesionals.

And tell me why I can't buy underwear in M & S without old men creeping about and getting in my way? Thinks: No don't.

I'd like to see an analysis of the number of middle-aged, anorak wearing men who hang about underwear sections compared with the amount of middlepaged women who are ever given M&S underwear by their partners.

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 23 2011, 8:12 PM GMT

Maybe they could introduce a 'one family member or less' checkout.

I know what you mean though, Sainsbury's was staggeringly packed earlier.

Maybe they should also enforce a 'no leaving it till the last minute' rule too.
IN YOUR FACE!

I went to Waitrose the day before yesterday (almost deserted) and Tesco (full as buggery). Utterly unhelpful moral of the story: go to a posh supermarket.

I find standing in supermarket queues oddly relaxing. An old woman let me go in front of her yesterday and I was silently quite angry. Although I still went ahead of her.

Quote: zooo @ December 23 2011, 9:56 PM GMT

IN YOUR FACE!

I went to Waitrose the day before yesterday (almost deserted) and Tesco (full as buggery). Utterly unhelpful moral of the story: go to a posh supermarket.

In my face? come on, Zooo, I told you I'm feeling a bit sick right now!!

Back to the topic: Sainsbury's let people park on the pedestrian walkways in their car park today.....so that's profit 1, customer safety 0. I saw one lady with a pram almost get hit by a car. Pretty disgusting of Sainsbury's. They had about half a dozen parking warden types ushering people around, so they knew people were parking on pedestrain walkways.

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ December 23 2011, 9:52 PM GMT

Maybe they could introduce a 'one family member or less' checkout.

I know what you mean though, Sainsbury's was staggeringly packed earlier.

It's not the checkouts that are the problem - it's the way they spread out all over the aisles and won't let you near stuff, not to mention the millions of weans who run about and trip you up, and the obligatory ancient fat crone who spreads over the entire aisle

Quote: zooo @ December 23 2011, 9:56 PM GMT

IN YOUR FACE!

I went to Waitrose yesterday (there's now one in a posh place outside Glasgow - yes, there ARE posh places here) but it was pure tripe. I came out empty-handed and had to go to Tesco and Morrison's today. Have come to the conclusion that Waitrose is highly over-rated.

I usually do the Christmas shop as well as the weekly. I don't mind it and the pay off is I don't go shoe shopping etc.. In other news the people in Hereford are nuts. In my last two visits to the local Tesco I was rammed in the back with a trolley persistently by some stupid woman at the checkout and the last time some guy was literally running up and down the aisle grabbing stuff and pushing people out of the way.

The strange thing is that when I challenge these nutters people look at me as if I'm the insane one. I'm not right Errr

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ December 23 2011, 5:00 PM GMT

I recommend if you find yourself in Lush and want to save pennies, get the magic wand. You swish it in the water to make bubbles and it lasts about 5 - 10 baths. Plus it looks cute.

I haven't seen them in my local one, and the person it'd be for doesn't have a bath. I did end up getting them woosh jelly though. I got given the sweetie pie one and the olive branch shower gel by a friend for Christmas. I gave them the gogol one.