118 118 Need Jokes Page 24

Anyone still sending jokes in?

I still am but haven't heard a peep.

Also, what do they do with all the rejected ones, is there some mass grave for gags or are they 're-used'.[/cynicism]

All the jokes sit in a huge excel document and for the vast majority that is where they will stay forever. Some are marked up due to taste, Christmas, celebrity that are funny but cannot be used at the this time. If the rules change or an opportunity rears its head these can come out.

The past week has been crazy with people throwing every little thing in no matter what the quality, which has caused us to rethink how we take jokes.

Some people saw the jokes that were picked up as a green light to just write puns and this really highlighted how important it was for writers to have a unique voice. The top writers have such a clear style that I can tell who has written them without seeing their name. This should be the goal of all writers.

Although it probably doesn't apply to anyone on here, people who consistently send stuff through that doesn't make the grade will be asked to stop to save their time and ours.

So please keep sending stuff through, but don't try the scatter gun approach and try to develop your style.

Has anyone had any feedback emails recently? Just wondering because I've not had one for over a week now and I'm interested to see how the jokes I've submitted have done.

We all got the December feedback/stats emails about a week or so ago.

January stats will not be totted up yet.

Did you not get those emails Chris?

Ah ok. Yeah I got the December one but I didn't realise it was being done on a monthly basis.

Cheers

I wonder if there is another avenue into 118118 who WILL accept crap jokes ;) - This one is for sale, by the way.

Just got the email update. Gutted didn't get any in, but well done to those that did. Bastards.

Well done Badge, Mikeyj, TomG and erm me.

Does small victory dance expressing joy at now being well able to afford a parrot to work as some wierd avian dictaphone.

Can someone give an example of a joke that is NOT a pun? My mind has been punnified and can't really imagine what one would look like.

:)

I haven't seen this email. What are the dates that it shows?

5-9/1//2009 I don't know your name so can't see how well you're doing.

Quote: Leevil @ January 12 2009, 6:31 PM GMT

Can someone give an example of a joke that is NOT a pun? My mind has been punnified and can't really imagine what one would look like.

:)

What's black and white and red all over?
The two nuns I'm stitching together.

What's green and smells of pork?
Kermits finger.

What's green and smells beary unpleasant?
Kermits cock.

Who likes Coco Puffs for breakfast?
Jeffrey Dharmer.

Would it possible for someone to forward that email to me please? It'd be great to see what type of jokes made the grade this time round*.

*so I can copy them slavishly and bombard the poor sods with 20 emails a day in the hope of getting one through.

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ January 12 2009, 7:04 PM GMT

Would it possible for someone to forward that email to me please? It'd be great to see what type of jokes made the grade this time round*

Me as well please if it's not too much bother. Email should be on my profile.

Strange how I got the December feedback but not this one.

Cheers

I really can't as it's got all the gags in not just mine, it wouldn't be fair.

If you're sending in you should get it.