118 118 Need Jokes Page 22

Are people still sending these to Jack, at the e-mail in the original post?

Nope it's 118jokes@gmail.com now.

Ah, right - he told me to forward them there.

Nice guy; said he thought I had some good ones.

I think it's running people round in circles trying to fathom why a good joke was accepted one week but none of their other good stuff in the same week. Or why their filler material got in amidst other people's good stuff and vice versa. I've come to the conclusion that it's purely down to demographics. Of the 30 they'll accept they need some for kids, some for soppy peeps, some clever stuff (but pretty much nothing risque). I'm starting to weigh my submissions thusly.

The other thing I want to mention is that many people seem to have things they want to discuss which they know they can't coz of the confidentiality required, so I'm wondering if anyone wants to contribute to a chain email. We can discuss things such as;
jokes that made the cut but you can't type them here, including any re-sends.
jokes you're working on that you suspect may have been done already or similar
rule change lay-away material

Or anything else you don't want or shouldn't be out in the open.

Let me know here (or by pm) and I'll start it once there's a few people on board.

When do you often get e-mails back?

I haven't received anything since sending some jokes this morning.

Wait at least a week, surely?

Oh - I thought it was a daily thing. With lists sent out and stuff.

I think I must have read huge amounts of out-of-date information.

I'm not sure? I receive the odd email about once a week, from Graham with news/updates.

Beelzebozo is right about variety. Right now I am getting a lot of puns and I thank the writer when I get something different. So mix up your styles, mix up the audience you aim for. I don't get back to everyone who sends in jokes because that would take ages. However, if you ask a question I aim to respond straight away and try to be as open as possible about what is happening what I think about jokes. If there are jokes that I think I can be reworked I will sometimes send it back saying to try something else with it.

The final tallies come from Jack official figures and you will be asked to invoice separately.

118jokes@gmail.com

I sent in 20 the other day Graham, before realizing that's it's best not to do that. Have I lost lots of jokes into comedy abyss?

Quote: Leevil @ January 7 2009, 7:35 PM GMT

I'm not sure? I receive the odd email about once a week, from Graham with news/updates.

I mean Jack.

This is really enjoyable. I've never had sufficient motivation to come up one-liners before.

If I keep doing this I'll probably end up with the basis for an act.

Tim Vine has that covered :P

He can be The Carry On and I'll be the Confessions.

I have a pile of jokes now, some better than others. I emailed Tim Vine
in December with some and he said he liked them and to contact him in Spring again.