118 118 Need Jokes Page 21

I don't think so.

Do you know if they just pick each day from the ones submitted that day, or do some appear later? If that makes sense.

Since I heard of this, couldn't think of a thing, but had a manic couple of hours yesterday and wrote around 40. So hopefully one might be good enough, though have seen some unused ones here that I much prefer to anything I've managed.

Reckon it's better to send a high volume one day or spread in batches?

40 aagghh!

To much competition, I'd say spread it out but send a good batch at the weekends.

I'm new to this - I only started submitting just before Christmas - and I've been lucky so far. I suspect competition will be picking up in the new year!

From my understanding of things, my one tip would be: if you have ten zingers there's no point in sending them all at once cos they will be swamped. So far I've sent batches including: gags that I liked and thought others would; gags that I liked and thought others wouldn't; and gags that I wasn't that keen on but thought others might be.

Every day, I like to send it one gag which I think is very funny, alongside another couple of gags which are weaker.
I only send in about 3 gags a day.
No point is sending in too many at once.
Strangely enough, they keep using my weaker ones, which is soooo weird.

So what happens now, seeing as I sent in 20 last night?

You wait and see...

Quote: Badge @ January 7 2009, 12:35 AM GMT

You wait and see...

Lol, I meant have I canceled myself out, somehow?

Quote: Leevil @ January 7 2009, 12:36 AM GMT

Lol, I meant have I canceled myself out, somehow?

I dunno.

But if you sent 20 stonkers in one day I am guessing you won't get 5 through whereas 2 stonkers a day for a couple of weeks has a better chance of getting 5 through.

But I don't really know how it works either.

:)

Ok, cheers.

I've sent in 3. *drums fingers* Come on!

Just sent in six.

A couple were completely useless, but I felt I ought to make up the numbers.

Just written 10, I wanna send them. I have no patience.

Just send 1st batch of the day.

This one was cut,

Barbara Streisand film about Joey Deacon. The way we eeeeuurrrggghh Joey Deacon!

Quote: Badge @ January 7 2009, 12:44 AM GMT

But if you sent 20 stonkers in one day I am guessing you won't get 5 through whereas 2 stonkers a day for a couple of weeks has a better chance of getting 5 through.

Ah man, that's a really good point. I've been sending batches of 15-20 of the better ones I've done. Shit.

Next lot I'm doing in batches of 3- 5. Can't hurt.