118 118 Need Jokes Page 20

I wonder how many you have to sell to join the elite on £30 a gag as opposed to me and others on £20 a gag.

Isn't it dependent on whether you're in a writers' union or not?

Nope I'm on it.

I have no idea though, I think it was just that I was one of the early writers.

Quote: Rick Allden @ January 6 2009, 10:11 AM GMT

Isn't it dependent on whether you're in a writers' union or not?

Maybe, I don't know. I could email Jack and find out or wait to Sootyj and Lee to reply.

Hey I jsut answered that, I'm not in the writer's union but I'm on it.

Write loads get them accepted and maybe then ask?

Quote: sootyj @ January 6 2009, 10:17 AM GMT

Hey I jsut answered that, I'm not in the writer's union but I'm on it.

Write loads get them accepted and maybe then ask?

Well, I've sold 9 now. When I get to about 15 (if I do) I'll email Jack. Persistence is really the name of the game with these jokes. I think the brief with these 118118 gags is clean, contemporary, some topical, word play.

Morning everyone, my first post here.

I've decided to take the plunge and dip my toe into the ocean of comedy writing, so here goes.

I've read through this thread and would be much obliged if any of you good folk could just confirm the e-mail address I need to send my 118 stuff to.

Also, I understand that I should limit my 118 jokes to 110 charachters - is that correct?

Toodle pip

That is indeed correct, and the email address is 118jokes@gmail.com

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ January 6 2009, 10:08 AM GMT

I wonder how many you have to sell to join the elite on £30 a gag as opposed to me and others on £20 a gag.

I was led to believe it was only writers with agents who got the hallowed 30 nicker.

And the persistent.

Quote: sootyj @ January 6 2009, 2:28 PM GMT

And the persistent.

You write everyday so you're definitely persistent, and it pays so well done.

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 6 2009, 2:22 PM GMT

I was led to believe it was only writers with agents who got the hallowed 30 nicker.

Or writers guild members. I gave them my number along with my bank details. Haven't heard a peep out of them since mind.

Quote: steve by any other name @ January 6 2009, 8:18 AM GMT

Hearty congratulations to anyone who manages to sell consistently, this is hard in my view.

I can only echo this sentiment. I've sent ones which I'm sure are funny but ... no dice Teary

Well first it's a triple filter, with the final decision being made by 118 118 themselves.

I vision this actually being the guys with the moustaches.

This is shit 118 118.

I wouldn't wipe my bum on that gag 118 118.

Next up if you get the joke list you'll see there's days where they're all top gags. Including the one's rejected.

The only way to get through is by having a high volume of fairly good entries.

n.b. just got my latest invoice request hurrah!

No dog food at Sootyj towers, we actually get to eat the dog.

Anyone got the list for around 19th November 08? I sent in some but never thought to check to see if they where accepted. Cheers.