I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,339

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lyB2PnDWYGg

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th January 2022, 9:52 PM

I think she has quite a high opinion of herself.

She's a politician.

Interesting to see if the wokes react in the same way as this is reminiscent of George Floyd. What's the difference?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10443555/Carer-suffocated-suspected-burglar-citizens-arrest-street-cleared-manslaughter.html

So, the Highway Code is recommending cyclists ride two abreast - what a load of shit.

My cousin was killed doing that, when his and his mate's handlebars locked, and despite him being on the inside/kerbside of the road, he was thrown over his mate and under the wheels of a lorry.

I can still see my aunt sobbing uncontrollably as her sisters tried to console her, around my Grandmother's house, and I often wonder how that absolute horror stuck with my cousin's friend, and the lorry driver.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Very sad story.

There are lots of narrow country lanes where I live and during the pandemic I noticed lots of people have taken up cycling.
I feel sorry for them sometimes when I meet them going up a steep hill.
No chance of me passing and they have to peddle like heck to get up it and out of the way.

Bojo is off to Ukraine next week

World War 3 it is then...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th January 2022, 10:19 AM

Very sad story.

There are lots of narrow country lanes where I live and during the pandemic I noticed lots of people have taken up cycling.
I feel sorry for them sometimes when I meet them going up a steep hill.
No chance of me passing and they have to peddle like heck to get up it and out of the way.

Do you really think they want to get out of the way? They're taking the piss. There will be massive holdups and accidents. It's a really ridiculous arrangement.

Bozo the clown: "yes I was in the wrong and I'm sorry (not really) - and it won't happen again"

End of story

He wishes...

I don't know why anybody's surprised. We all knew that he wasn't suitable to be Prime Minister. Michael Gove told us as much when he put the kybosh on Johnson's bid to succeed David Cameron. Of course Gove conveniently forgot that rather important fact when he subsequently realised a Johnson premiership represented Gove's only chance of a senior government post.

However, we need to be careful what we wish for. Yes, Johnson panicked originally and gave in to the combined doomsayers of SAGE and the media and disastrously locked the country down (and we are now aware that, clearly, he and his advisers knew it was unnecessary and pointless), but at least by the time we reached this winter he had learned his lesson and refused to be panicked again. Anybody else in charge - and certainly any other party - would have imposed more restrictions at the blink of an eye (witness the devolved nations and Starmer's constant urgings to lock down earlier and for longer).

And what on earth are the police playing at? Are they really throwing all their resources and money into this investigation (having said initially they couldn't investigate) just so they can issue a few paltry fines at the end of it? Or are there more sinister political motives behind it?

We should all be very concerned when the police initiate action to discredit and overthrow a democratically elected government. If it was happening in any other country, we'd be following it with interest and awaiting the coup.

I'm more concerned that the MET is ran by such an incompetent idiot

If I was as shit at my job as she is - I would have been fired off years ago

She's a total f**king idiot

Ian Blackford kicked out of the House for refusing to retract his accusation of Boris.
Then he's on morning TV sprouting the same unfounded shite saying Boris should have been kicked out - not him.
It's cry baby stuff.

Interesting use of the word "unfounded" there, SG.

Mind you with this kind of blind loyalty and willingness to sell your soul he could, to quote his biggest fan "shoot somebody" in the street and still come up smelling of roses.

https://twitter.com/GraemeDemianyk/status/1488240121711403012?s=20&t=sRwkq13hCau0YQiNzJsJpg

But, hey, at least the trains are running on time.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st February 2022, 8:48 AM

But, hey, at least the trains are running on time.

Really? I certainly hadn't noticed that. In my experience, most of them aren't running at all.

(Any inference comparing Johnson with Hitler is of course rather silly. Apart from the fact that they are at virtually the opposite wings of the political spectrum, Johnson can't even garner the support of his own parliamentary party let alone 700,000 at a rally.)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st February 2022, 9:37 AM

Really? I certainly hadn't noticed that. In my experience, most of them aren't running at all.

(Any inference comparing Johnson with Hitler is of course rather silly. Apart from the fact that they are at virtually the opposite wings of the political spectrum, Johnson can't even garner the support of his own parliamentary party let alone 700,000 at a rally.)

It's Mussolini, not Hitler.
And it's not about political leanings - more about people willing to put up with someone they know is dodgy if it gets them the thing they want.
And I think you're right about "careful what you wish for".
Having expelled most of the political heavy-weights so that he could get his own particular train to run on time, the Tory faithful are left with a hopeless bunch of sycophants and misfits to choose from.
Sunak will get the gig, though.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st February 2022, 8:18 AM

Ian Blackford ...... unfounded shite saying Boris should have been kicked out - not him.
It's cry baby stuff.

But what was his motive for risking his career like that ? You go up against a PM, surly you need to feel it's beyond reasonable doubt ? Especially in a climate where PMs and Presidents have seemly gotten away with more than ever before. His party has a clear motivation for kicking him out regardless. Brave, misguided at best, but I doubt unfounded.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st February 2022, 11:04 AM

......Sunak will get the gig, though.

He's bookies favourite for next PM with Keir Starmer in at 3rd. So I hope Boris does selfishly cling onto power.

Unfounded = not fact or proven. (I shouldn't have to explain that to you)
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.