I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,344

Quote: Chappers @ 5th February 2022, 9:52 AM

Answering criticism of BBC3 that 80% of programmes are repeats the controller says that "the channel is part of a content discovery ecosystem." So not repeats then.

Really don't know why they bothered to resurrect it, or even put it online when they ceased it and.................what an effin' mess, AND what annoys me is that a lot of the programmes shown on BBC4 and/or More4 are actually repeats from the main channels, BUT because it/they are the first airing on the sibling channels they are not listed as repeats - bastards!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th February 2022, 2:44 PM

what annoys me is that a lot of the programmes shown on BBC4 and/or More4 are actually repeats from the main channels, BUT because it/they are the first airing on the sibling channels they are not listed as repeats - bastards!

Where are you finding the listings? A newspaper, magazine, or your EPG?

Quote: Aaron @ 5th February 2022, 2:52 PM

Where are you finding the listings? A newspaper, magazine, or your EPG?

Newspaper - perhaps it's their laziness, but I've been caught out a number of times. Settle down to watch a doc. only to find, very annoyingly, I'd seen it before.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th February 2022, 2:59 PM

Newspaper - perhaps it's their laziness, but I've been caught out a number of times. Settle down to watch a doc. only to find, very annoyingly, I'd seen it before.

Right. Yeah, printed listings are notoriously unreliable. The channels supply all the data, but they will regularly omit short programmes (many of TPTV's 5-10 minute shorts for example) and include only the scantest additional data for all but the top 5-10 channels.

I always recommend DigiGuide for anyone who is particularly serious about TV. It's Windows software that provides listings for every TV and radio station you can think of. Endlessly customisable so you can specify which channels you do (or don't) want to see listings for; search for programme titles, names of people, future episodes in a series; set alerts so you never miss anything; add in markers for what you want to record and what you want to watch - really flexible, powerful tools. I've been using it for almost 20 years and don't go a day without using it. I'd be lost without it, and would recommend to anyone and everyone.

They offer a free 7 day trial and then 30 day refund guarantee even after you've paid.

The advertised price is £14.99 per year, but when I log in I'm offered £9.99 a year. Not sure if that may just be because I'm already a customer or what, but even at the higher cost it works out at only 4 pence per day.

Quote: Aaron @ 5th February 2022, 3:17 PM

Right. Yeah, printed listings are notoriously unreliable. The channels supply all the data, but they will regularly omit short programmes (many of TPTV's 5-10 minute shorts for example) and include only the scantest additional data for all but the top 5-10 channels.

I always recommend DigiGuide for anyone who is particularly serious about TV. I.

Thanks for that Aaron, and as for TPTV I check that every Saturday on my Virgin digi-box, which does list absolutely everything, even say, 5 min. shorts. The papers don't list anything between midnight and about 6 in the am.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th February 2022, 3:53 PM

Thanks for that Aaron, and as for TPTV I check that every Saturday on my Virgin digi-box, which does list absolutely everything, even say, 5 min. shorts. The papers don't list anything between midnight and about 6 in the am.

The best place for checking on upcoming TPTV programmes is their own website, which gives their schedules for 4 weeks: https://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/schedule/ (You can also use the "find on page" facility on your browser if you're searching for a particular film or even a specific actor.)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th February 2022, 4:29 PM

The best place for checking on upcoming TPTV programmes is their own website, which gives their schedules for 4 weeks: https://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/schedule/ (You can also use the "find on page" facility on your browser if you're searching for a particular film or even a specific actor.)

Yes, I have that, but check their schedule on the digi-box (which goes up to two weeks) because I can then instantly set it to record that prog. coming up OR set a series link, which also allows you to set it to record "Everything" or, best of all, "New Only"

Time to open a book on 'when' rather than 'if', I think.

Well you know what the thought did.
It planted a feather and hoped it would grow into a hen. (old Yorkshire saying)

How quaint.
Meanwhile, back in the 21st Century...

If we're talking about Boris, I wouldn't bank on him going anywhere. The Tories seem to have lost their ruthless streak when it comes to getting rid of electoral liabilities.

Also, part of me is quite enjoying the increasingly deranged Nadine Dorries and her unwavering commitment to defending Boris no matter what.

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th February 2022, 11:17 PM

Time to open a book on 'when' rather than 'if', I think.

Of course it's always been a question of 'when' rather than 'if'. With anybody it's always a question of 'when' rather than 'if'.

And I think you'll find such a book has been open for a long time.

Currently 1/2 2022; 6/1 2023; 100/30 2024 or later. 6/4 against a no confidence vote being triggered.

Next PM: 6/4 Rishi Sunak; 13/2 Liz Truss; 9/1 Keir Starmer, Tom Tugenhadt & Jeremy Hunt; 12/1 Penny Mordaunt; 25/1 Sajid Javid; 33/1 Michael Gove.

Or you can get 250/1 Tony Blair with William Hill or 500/1 Laurence Fox...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th February 2022, 11:29 AM

Of course it's always been a question of 'when' rather than 'if'. With anybody it's always a question of 'when' rather than 'if'.

And I think you'll find such a book has been open for a long time.

Currently 1/2 2022; 6/1 2023; 100/30 2024 or later. 6/4 against a no confidence vote being triggered.

Next PM: 6/4 Rishi Sunak; 13/2 Liz Truss; 9/1 Keir Starmer, Tom Tugenhadt & Jeremy Hunt; 12/1 Penny Mordaunt; 25/1 Sajid Javid; 33/1 Michael Gove.

Or you can get 250/1 Tony Blair with William Hill or 500/1 Laurence Fox...

Dam! Another money-making scheme up in smoke.

I think it's great that the Tory party has so many women in important roles these days

But, do they all have to be bat shit crazy?

Not one of them seems ...normal

Nadine thingy is a freakin weirdo

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th February 2022, 1:16 PM

I think it's great that the Tory party has so many women in important roles these days

But, do they all have to be bat shit crazy?

Not one of them seems ...normal

Nadine thingy is a freakin weirdo

And then, of course, there's Angela Rayner, Rebecca Long-Bailey, Emily Thornberry, Diane Abbot. And the one that threatened to throw acid in the face of her ex-boyfriend's partner. And the one that was imprisoned for 3 months for lying to avoid a speeding fine. All perfectly normal.