I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,334

Quote: Lazzard @ 31st October 2021, 1:41 PM

Wait and see.
If it's just a name change - fine.
If it means I've got to wear special glasses and live in a virtual bubble, then it might be time to resurrect MySpace.

Yus.

Thank you.

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st October 2021, 1:38 PM

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-38274a63ed56fa5b837711be766fffe4-lq

Now they know how many holes...That's another name for the House of Lords!

Am I missing something? The news this morning - the world is on the precipice of total disaster unless we cut our carbon output. Millions will die from starvation and permanent floods.
Hello, China are building more coal powered stations than are being shut down in the entire world.
Not a mention. Totally ignored, eh?

I suppose, as it's been going on for some time it doesn't count as headline news.
My lefty rag have been all over it for the past month, if that's any help.

Everything has been all over it apart from it seems, the people that make the decisions.
Who's going to tell China or even Russia to pack it in. Answer = nobody.
So it's all bollocks really, like throwing a deckchair off of the Titanic to slow its sinking.

That sounds more like an excuse for doing nothing than a reason, if I'm honest.
It's a really tricky balance - they are on a planned downward trajectory - they're just further back on the curve.
Because of their 'success' they have a terrible energy crisis looming - not sure they're in a position to pull the plug just like that.
But engagement is vital - personally, I think more can be done behind the scenes than at these big showy events.
Saving face is a big thing over there - they're not going to come to the UK to have fruit thrown at them.

Building more coal powered power stations is further back on the curve? It's more like fluck you (I know, un-pc, sorry)
It's not an excuse for doing nothing. I'm all for cleaner air and environment. Who knows what we all breath in day after day.
Whether this all changes the climate is another matter but I am for it.

It's not really about cleaner air.

You don't say but it is a consequence of cars and power stations etc not churning out shit.
When I was young up here in the industrial north every mill burned coal or oil for steam.
Every building was black - literally black.
On old photo's of my area, all you can see is tall chimney stacks belching out soot and smoke.
I'll take that as a good consequence climate change or no climate change.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st November 2021, 9:57 AM

That sounds more like an excuse for doing nothing than a reason, if I'm honest.
It's a really tricky balance - they are on a planned downward trajectory - they're just further back on the curve.
Because of their 'success' they have a terrible energy crisis looming - not sure they're in a position to pull the plug just like that.
But engagement is vital - personally, I think more can be done behind the scenes than at these big showy events.
Saving face is a big thing over there - they're not going to come to the UK to have fruit thrown at them.

Oh come on Lazzard. You know that we can cut back to zero and it still won't be enough because China and Russia don't care!

So do nothing?
Is that your answer?

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st November 2021, 6:17 PM

So do nothing?
Is that your answer?

No - but it's a losing war.

Blinking brilliant.

I had long lost hope that the Scots British region still had the capability in it.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=550606562449954 :)

OMG!

It's kind of like 24/7 news only done by Russell Grant in 1853 with a reading of the tea leaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLdiWe_HJv4

Owen Paterson....

What..

How

Errrr

Nah, I got nothin

Just

EH?!