I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,187

Easier to blame the media. The only alternative would be to take responsibility. Like real leaders do.

Apparently, a horde of travellers have turned up at a railway station on the Wirral and filled the car park with 50 of their caravans.

Doubtless, it will take some considerable time for the authorities to move them on.

Local gardeners say they can hardly wait for the travellers to move on so they can go running down there with their buckets and spades. Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ 11th July 2020, 4:00 PM

Trump pardoned friends who were caught up in a political witch hunt and Obama pardoned terrorists and drug dealers - it's good to be king.

'Witch-hunt' is an opinion

The law of your land passed sentence- whether you or Trump or anyone else say it's a witch hunt is completely irrelevant

By doing this he is behaving more like a fascist dictator than the leader of the so called greatest democracy in the world

Dude! Seriously, your 100% backing of literally ANYTHING this man does is frankly a bit embarrassing

If he went on a rampage in Washington and shot hundreds of people - you would find a way to excuse him somehow

Your a typical Trump sheep - your like an Android that has been programmed to slavish worship him without question

"Must obey must obey must obey....."

In years to come when the world recalls what an absolute joke of a president he was - a total embarrassment to your country- your going to have to tell people you supported him and every ridiculous thing he did and said!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 5:47 PM

Easier to blame the media. The only alternative would be to take responsibility. Like real leaders do.

If you never heard that President Obama pardoned a terrorist and hundreds of drug dealers, then the blame can't be placed at Donald Trump's feet, as you appear to be doing. Only two parties can be blamed:

1. The media, for not publishing stories that reflect poorly on President Obama.

and/or

2. You, for either not reading, or for forgetting about Obama pardoning a terrorist and hundreds of drug dealers.

By the way, President Trump signed a federal prison reform bill which freed many prisoners who were serving lengthy sentences for drug crimes. Did you hear about that one?

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th July 2020, 5:53 PM

'Witch-hunt' is an opinion

The impeachment went nowhere and recent developments have shown that it was a baseless witch hunt, and criminal charges are likely to be brought, increasing the Democrats' desperation for a regime change in November.

By doing this he is behaving more like a fascist dictator than the leader of the so called greatest democracy in the world

President Obama set a record for pardons, including 330 on the final day of his presidency. Was he acting like a fascist dictator, too?

Dude! Seriously, your 100% backing of literally ANYTHING this man does is frankly a bit embarrassing

I don't. I never have and I never will. Pay closer attention.

If he went on a rampage in Washington and shot hundreds of people - you would find a way to excuse him somehow

Nope. But make-believe seems to be a popular theme among his detractors.

Your a typical Trump sheep - your like an Android that has been programmed to slavish worship him without question

Nope, more wishful thinking on your part, I'm afraid. I spend more time in my day to day life complaining about him than I do supporting him.

In years to come when the world recalls what an absolute joke of a president he was - a total embarrassment to your country- your going to have to tell people you supported him and every ridiculous thing he did and said!

No I won't. I won't even be bothered, as in my 50+ years on this planet I've heard the same thing about every Republican president: Nixon, Ford, Reagan, both Bushes and now Trump - they were all laughingstocks who were gonna destroy the world. It's tedious and predictable. Once the next Republican takes office, the press and Democrats will rehabilitate the previous one's image slightly while sternly warning that "this one is really bad." Rinse and repeat.

P.S. It's "you're".

Quote: DaButt @ 11th July 2020, 6:42 PM

I don't. I never will.

You kind of are. You're bending over backwards to defend every corrupt stupid action or statement.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 6:40 PM

Are you criticising that or endorsing that?

Endorsing it, of course. It undid a lot of what Senator Biden screwed up: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/20/18677998/joe-biden-1994-crime-bill-law-mass-incarceration

Nor is the US media overwhelmingly liberal. Far from it.

You are truly delusional if you believe that. I worked on the news desk at a daily newspaper for eight years. I was the only Republican on the staff. I saw their bias on a daily basis, although they thought they were being impartial. This was before the tabloidization of modern media - now media outlets seldom even pretend to be unbiased.

Here's an article from the Trump-hating Washington Post that says that only 7% of journalists are Republicans: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/05/06/just-7-percent-of-journalists-are-republicans-thats-far-less-than-even-a-decade-ago/

Did you support Trump recommending people poison themselves?

I wouldn't have, but he didn't.

My question for you: Did you or any of your acquaintances publicly or privately hope that Trump voters would poison themselves? Or joke about it? There was a lot of that going around, and it doesn't reflect well on the people who said it.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 6:57 PM

You kind of are. You're bending over backwards to defend every corrupt stupid action or statement.

No, I'm correcting falsehoods and/or calling out opinions stated as facts. Sort of like the media should be doing...

[quote name="Chris Hallam" post="1223253" date="11th July 2020, 6:40 PM"Did you support Trump recommending people poison themselves?[/quote]

Ah no you forgot - the president was just being sarcastic when he said that remember?

Because when your the leader of a country where thousands of people are dying of disease everyday and giving a press conference, you tend to make jokey sarcastic comments don't you?

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th July 2020, 7:11 PM

Ah no you forgot - the president was just being sarcastic when he said that remember?

Because when your the leader of a country where thousands of people are dying of disease everyday and giving a press conference, you tend to make jokey sarcastic comments don't you?

This was the exact quote:

And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds--it sounds interesting to me.

So we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that's--that's pretty powerful.

And the press and politicians twisted it into "The president told people to poison themselves."

Because he did.
Your quote doesn't prove otherwise.

And the ultra-conservative Fox Network is massively influential.

Trump responded that he was asking the question "sarcastically to reporters like you, just to see what would happen".

People are dying, people are scared, people are looking for the government for answers and reassurance

They get a President playing silly childish games "to see what would happen"

How old is he? Because he acts like a 12 year old

It's absolutely pathetic

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 7:28 PM

Because he did.
Your quote doesn't prove otherwise.

So the facts of what was actually said that day don't matter? The president also said, "It wouldn't be through injection. We're talking about through almost a cleaning, sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't work. But it certainly has a big effect if it's on a stationary object." And that counts as telling people to poison themselves?

You also posted "Nor is the US media overwhelmingly liberal. Far from it."

I responded with an article from one of the largest (and most stridently anti-Trump) newspapers in the country that noted that only 7% of journalists are Republicans, yet your response is "And the ultra-conservative Fox Network is massively influential."

Do facts matter to you, or do feelings, imaginary situations, and party-line politics take precedence?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 8:35 PM

Trump is all about the truth I suppose?

He often plays fast and loose with the truth - as do you, apparently. It's rather hypocritical of you to berate him for it and ignore it when you spout falsehoods yourself.

Yeah but Chris isn't the most powerful human being on the planet Earth!

Isn't he?I was going to ask him to move Australia a bit further away from the USA.