I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,186

A BBC Music Magazine columnist is calling for "Rule Britannia" and "Land of Hope and Glory" to be scrapped from the Last Night of the Proms.

He says that, in the light of the Black Lives Matter movement, the songs are "insensitive bordering on incendiary".

Both songs are intensely pro-British but given that ten million Britons aren't white, the song is just as much pro-them as it is pro-anybody-else.

He's talking bollocks.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th July 2020, 11:45 AM

Either that air treated with compassion and bought back to health by a well-funded Mental Health Service.

That ship has already sailed when someone is in the process of trying to kill another person. In those split-second decisions there is only one option: bullets into the chest until the threat has been stopped.

Sadly, not every mentally ill person can be brought back to health, no matter how much money and time is spent on them.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th July 2020, 7:07 PM

Sometimes mentally ill people deserve to be shot

Criminologists say that the undiagnosed (and therefore unmedicated) mentally ill are the dangerous ones, so by that token we would be better off shooting those without a mental illness diagnosis. What about a copper acting like a psychopath should he shoot himself? The main commonality between serial killers is a lack of empathy, maybe we should shoot uncaring people (ironically) ?

Quote: Firkin @ 10th July 2020, 3:27 PM

Criminologists say that the undiagnosed mentally ill are the dangerous ones, so by that token we would be better off shooting those without a mental illness diagnosis. What about a copper acting like a psychopath should he shoot himself? The main commonality between serial killers is a lack of empathy, maybe we should shoot uncaring people (ironically) ?

As I've said, you shoot someone when they're in the process of trying to murder someone else. Kill or be killed, as the saying goes.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th July 2020, 3:34 PM

As I've said, you shoot someone when they're in the process of trying to murder someone else. Kill or be killed, as the saying goes.

Unless it's the Police, and then all you can do is video it.

Quote: Firkin @ 10th July 2020, 3:49 PM

Unless it's the Police, and then all you can do is video it.

Murders by police are very rare.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th July 2020, 3:51 PM

Murders by police are very rare.

Which is why one should never pat such police officers on the back and say "Well done."

Quote: DaButt @ 10th July 2020, 3:34 PM

The US has approximately one hundred times the annual rate of gun deaths per year as the Uk.
U-S-A! U-S-A!

The BBC appears determined to carry on with its plan to scrap free TV licences for over-75s.

Perhaps if the over-75s were to take to the streets in their thousands, shouting, screaming, brandishing banners, pulling down statues, defacing monuments, jumping on cars and generally causing mayhem, the BBC might relent?

You never know! Laughing out loud

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 8:12 AM

The US has approximately one hundred times the annual rate of gun deaths per year as the Uk.

It's actually 53 times, according to Wikipedia, but we clearly have a lot of armed criminals in this country, so I'm thankful that I'm allowed to own firearms for protection. And sport. And hunting.

There are parts of America which have very permissive gun laws, yet the murder rate is lower than London's. There are also parts of America which have extremely strict gun laws, but their murder rates are among the highest in the country. It's almost as if it's not the guns that are the problem, but rather the people are the problem.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 11th July 2020, 9:16 AM

The BBC appears determined to carry on with its plan to scrap free TV licences for over-75s.

They should scrap it entirely.

That old chestnut.

I see Chump has ordered a convicted criminals jail sentence to be voided - cos he's a friend of his

So..

Basically you can break the law in America now and so long as chump likes you, that's ok

What a massive TWAT

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th July 2020, 11:50 AM

I see Chump has ordered a convicted criminals jail sentence to be voided - cos he's a friend of his

So..

Basically you can break the law in America now and so long as chump likes you, that's ok

What a massive TWAT

Trump pardoned friends who were caught up in a political witch hunt and Obama pardoned terrorists and drug dealers - it's good to be king.

I don't recall Obama pardoning any terrorists or drug dealers.
I wonder if Trump will be pardoned when he leaves office?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 11th July 2020, 4:52 PM

I don't recall Obama pardoning any terrorists or drug dealers.

I reckon you can blame the media for that.

The terrorist: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/oscar-lopez-commutation-barack-obama-214685

There were literally hundreds of drug dealers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Barack_Obama