Extras - Series 2

Extras series two begins this Thursday. For those interested there are now preview clips on the BBC2 website.

Looking good!

I wish I could watch the clips on my dialup. : (
I am so excited about this series. From the ads it seems as if they want us to think that Andy and Maggie might get together. I don't know how I feel about that.

I really try and stay away from those preview clips. I'd much rather just wait and see it when actually broadbast.

As for Andy and Maggie, I'm not sure either. Might be interesting, but would all be a bit "convenient". It'd completely change the chemistry of the show. (Although I don't believe that there is any intention of a third series, is there?)

Niles-n-Daphne syndrome.

No, apparently they're not doing a third. As long as they leave it until the very last minute of the last episode, then it's fine!

They'll probably leave it as a cliff hanger, that way they can tie it up with a christmas episode or 2. ;)

It's very rare that any British sitcom gets a third series, these days. Teary

My Family, Peep Show, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps... ;)

I watched Scrubs instead (but i usually do), couldn't stand Extras.

I actually thought it was pretty good tonight. Better than series one, I think. Definitely better than The Office.

I loved it.
Keith Chegwin and Orlando Bloom were great.

Definitely my favourite episode so far. The way the characters developed was great, they had real depth. I thought it was incredibly funny too. Bloom was unbearable, but that's possibly an accurate account of him!

Easily as good as the office, which takes some doing. It's different though, apart from when Maggie was being talked down by her 'friend', it didn't rely on embarassment as humour, which gervais does a bit too often.

How great is Barry?

Barry really is the highlight of the show. Invariably hilarious.

Quote: Aaron @ September 14, 2006, 8:48 PM

My Family, Peep Show, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps... ;)

Okay, that's three. If you can name any more, maybe I'll take back what I said.

Welllll I suppose it depends on your definition of "these days" is.

Although I believe that Supernova is meant to be coming back for a third series, is it not? (Do correct me...)

Quote: earman2009 @ September 15, 2006, 7:14 PM

Okay, that's three. If you can name any more, maybe I'll take back what I said.

The Royal Family, Still Game, Early Doors.