Coming Of Age - Pilot & Series 1 Page 3

Quote: revilo85 @ July 30, 2007, 1:07 PM

My friend is in that, but I'm not sure quite what it will do for her career.

I'm amazed that the bbc are comissioning another as it really is absurdly filthy!

I thought it was normal. That explains a lot about my life.

Quote: Mark @ July 30, 2007, 1:53 PM

Yes it was rather rude wasn't it.

I believe it was the new head of BBC3 (Danny Cohen) who has given the go-ahead for the full production run. He's clearly a fan of swearing and naughtiness what with the BBC Trust having to tell the channel off recently for putting 'F**k' in too many programme titles. It looks like Cohen's paid attention - I note tonight he's devoted a whole hour of the schedule to the study of the C word. (The C Word: How We Came to Swear By It - 10:30pm)

(There's an interesting fake Danny Cohen blog online. It's written by someone who clearly knows the TV industry very well and also hates Cohen! http://thetvcontroller.blogspot.com )

How interesting! Thanks, Mark.

The blog is hilarious. I've been reading it for a month or so now.

What pisses me off is that they didn't commission Under One Roof or Green and instead we get COA. If it's teenagers writing about teenagers make it a little realistic, not f**king jokes about various musicial instruments and vegatbles up the ass.

I didn't see Green but Under One Roof was good and would have made a series with a little work.

COA was the pet project of another producer, wasn't it? I think that's why it was commissioned - you need a champion in this business.

The original title was much ruder and it had to be changed. I can't remember what she said it was now, I think it may have been 'jizz' or just 'cumming'. It was definately a word for ejaculating.

An unsavoury titbit for y'all there.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 30, 2007, 4:12 PM

I didn't see Green but Under One Roof was good and would have made a series with a little work.

COA was the pet project of another producer, wasn't it? I think that's why it was commissioned - you need a champion in this business.

The producer came to the kid's school and the kid pestered him until he gave in. :P

Yosser style? Giz a series, giz a series...

Just got an email about this filming in March/April. Interestingly, Dani Harmer isn't in it (thought she was the best actress in the pilot).

"A sitcom created and written by a teenager" is it's first line selling point, followed at the end by 'Strictly no under 16s' at the end! You've got to laugh -- ahahaha...

Dan

I really hope this isn't going to be the main and only selling point of this sitcom, that it's written by someone under the age of 20.

But I will be giving it a look over and hope it doesn't give young writers a bad name.

I actually have a strange urge to get tickets...

Perv.

Pot. Black. Kettle!

For some reason, I've just noticed that 'Pot. Kettle. Black.' is funnier than 'Pot. Black. Kettle.'

You can tell you're not a writer... ;)

Dan

This may be a first for the site, but I'll quote a Philip Larkin poem...

'Easy to write when you're young and have nothing to write about'

Wasn't he the guy in Darling Buds of May?

;)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 13, 2008, 10:45 AM

For some reason, I've just noticed that 'Pot. Kettle. Black.' is funnier than 'Pot. Black. Kettle.'

You can tell you're not a writer... ;)

Dan

If you think either are particularly funny, then God help TV of the future! :P