Coming Of Age - Pilot & Series 1

Just watch this and it very much carry on from where Two Pints left off.

Probably about 20 years too late for me, but if you're going to be crude you might just as well be very crude and it does that quite well.

My biggest problem with it is that all 18 year olds are twats. It's not your fault, it's your jobs. After a few years you will grow out of it but we've all been there and been very twatish.

I really have no idea why i watched it. I found one scene funny. It was right at the start where the kid is driving 4mph in his car, miming to Shaggy.

But seriously it's just "knob gag, knob gag, knob gag, ass gag, knob gag, sick gag, piss gag, etc."

I realise it was written by an 19 year old but please give us something worth while.

Hey, I really liked this. I've always wanted to see a teenager stick her piccolo up her arse on National TV.

Seriously, I did like it.

Hey I'm 18 and don't relate to this programme at all, its god awful.

Martin, what did you think of 'Skins'?

Martin, I've just found the Skins thread. No need to get out of bed. :)

Quote: Britcom Barry @ May 21, 2007, 10:13 PM

Just watch this and it very much carry on from where two pints left off.

Probably about 20 years too late for me, but If your going to be crude you might just as well be very crude and it does that quite well.

My biggest problem with it is that all 18 year olds are twats, it not your fault it’s your jobs after a few years you will grow out of it but we’ve all been there and been very twatish.

I hated 18 year olds when I was 18, I just hate most teenagers, my kids are out when they turn 13.

Quote: Leevil @ May 23, 2007, 12:03 PM

I hated 18 year olds when I was 18, I just hate most teenagers, my kids are out when they turn 13.

I just hate everyone. Saves a lot of time.

Bloody weird show though. Some funny scenes and gags, but on the whole just too... Odd. Didn't work. And the actors look about 16 at most, whilst playing 18-20ish characters. As Barry hinted, whilst Grownups was a slightly more mature, older Two Pints..., this was a younger, stupider one. Considering, however, that it was from a new writer (I assume?), it wasn't that bad. Well, not nearly as bad as it could have been.

On the whole, some of the building blocks were there, but it just didn't gel.

I've never felt so odd watching something. It was really uncomfortable watching 12-year-old talk about sex!

Struck me they were 15/16ish. Not at all impressed with the acting but suppose they are roles they'd grow into. It seemed to me that they were overacting and need to instill a bit of realism into it. Dani Harner was the best of the bunch but as she's been in other stuff maybe she's picked a few tips up.

Odd but I think that was down to the acting rather than the writing. Though it could do with being a little less explicit IMO.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ May 23, 2007, 12:19 PM

Struck me they were 15/16ish.

If it hadn't been for the college scene/references, I would be under the same impression.

I haven't seen it. Is this writing, apart from the knob gags, good? Is it structured well? I'm guessing it's not totally amateurish or it wouldn't get on telly, what am I saying? Ignore that last bit.

Is it online?

Errr.... It's "interesting". Really hard to describe (for me at least), because it was such a mish-mash. No idea if it's on the Beeb's site, but certainly available for download.

I'll just watch out for it on the tv, I'm sure it'll be on again if it's anything like Two Pints.

Only once more:

SPECIAL INTEREST: Coming of Age
On: BBC 3 (7)
Date: Sunday 27th May 2007 (starting in 3 days)
Time: 00:50 to 01:20 (30 minutes long)

Dani Harmer, Tony Bignell. Sitcom pilot. Matt's dreams come true when his best friend Chloe gives him an unexpected night-time treat. Jas tries a new technique with her piccolo to persuade boyfriend Ollie to tell his mum about their relationship. When DK gets arrested for drink-driving, he learns it's better to spit than to swallow.

Thanks, I don't think I'll bother now anyway, ;)