Coming Of Age - Pilot & Series 1 Page 6

Sounds like Griff closed his "Universally loathed" thread a mite early.

I once sent a sitcom about a female vicar to PMA called Good God Almighty and he wrote back saying he didn't believe in the central premise. Funny how things turn out.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2008, 11:22 AM BST

I once sent a sitcom about a female vicar to PMA called Good God Almighty and he wrote back saying he didn't believe in the central premise. Funny how things turn out.

Seriously?! What an excellent story.

The moral of the story - be Richard Curtis when possible.

Well that is true. And to be fair my female vicar was polarly opposite his, more akin to B'Stard than whatever his was called. But a few years later and PMA was writing for the Dibley one.

But mine solicited from Tiger Aspect did go to Tiger Aspect and then onto him...

Now hang on just a minute didn't TA produce...?

No. Can't be.

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2008, 11:30 AM BST

Well that is true. And to be fair my female vicar was polarly opposite his, more akin to B'Stard than whatever his was called. But a few years later and PMA was writing for the Dibley one.

But mine solicited from Tiger Aspect did go to Tiger Aspect and then onto him...

Now hang on just a minute didn't TA produce...?

No. Can't be.

Poor Marc. He's like the Stanley Kowalski of the BSG (which is worrying for Mrs Marc if my memory of the play serves me right). Anyway, couldn't you just turn the vicar into an Imam and pitch it again?

Quote: David Bussell @ October 1 2008, 11:17 AM BST

Sounds like Griff closed his "Universally loathed" thread a mite early.

Godot's Taxi's liked it, didn't he?

Ooh I am not bitter Mister Chip. It was just a funny coincidence is all. And I am sure no sitcoms are rejected on premise alone except perhaps the premise that states it must be funny enough.

And it's the other way round, Mrs Marc is out on the road whilst I stay at home and watch Bargain Hunt.

There you go. That's the writer of Coming of Age. The kid on the right.

Quote: Mikey J @ October 1 2008, 1:26 PM BST

There you go. That's the writer of Coming of Age. The kid on the right.

Really? Good god . . .

No wonder PMA championed him. He's like Archer thirty years ago - a geeky four-eyed virgin.

Quote: Mikey J @ October 1 2008, 1:26 PM BST

PMA: Yeah, so I rode on the back of Richard Curtis's coat tails - and what's more, I got paid to write for 2 Pints AND MY Hero . . . I know! The BBC gave me actual money!! F**king mugs.

TD: Sorry, I wasn't listening - I was too busy laughing at the word 'japseye' like I'm a f**king child.

That picture's cheered me up. So what if I can't get my sitcoms on TV, at least I've actually kissed a girl.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 1 2008, 9:54 AM BST

Is your own CBBC show better than quite a big prime time role? Bit odd.

I don't know about money wise, but it's a comedy show starring her, built completely around her and named after her. It also, from the sounds of it, is likely to be a lot better than Coming Of Age. So I would have chosen it too.

That picture's cheered me up. So what if I can't get my sitcoms on TV, at least I've actually kissed a girl.

Your mum doesn't count.

What she said.

Quote: Griff @ October 1 2008, 1:56 PM BST

Your mum doesn't count.

Ha!