Newsjack - Series 8 Page 2

I'm currently going through the podcasts of the show for inspiration.

From the Twitter feed:
"MORE NEWS: you can hear the Best Of Series 7 on Weds 13th Feb at 11pm on @BBCRadio4; S8 starts Thurs 14th Feb at 11pm on @BBCRadio4Extra."

Dan

Pippa Evans is joining Newsjack. Love Pippa, hate Newsjack...can't compute...

Quote: Badge @ January 18 2013, 11:11 AM GMT

This is ridiculous Dan, you're giving people no excuses! How cruel can you be?

They call him Mr bombastic.....

Hasn't Pippa Evans been on Newsjack for the last three series? Or have I travelled back in time?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 31 2013, 4:47 PM GMT

Hasn't Pippa Evans been on Newsjack for the last three series? Or have I travelled back in time?

Dan

Yes she has! She's been on since the switch from Jess / Andi to Margaret / Pippa at series 4.

Btw Dan - do you know you're listed as being part of the writing team on the BCG description of Newsjack. Illustrious company you're keeping there!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/details/

So I've started popping back here just recently only to be confronted with THIS thread.

*starts to fret*

Does anybody know if they've still got that fu**ing robot on the staff?

Quote: swerytd @ January 31 2013, 3:12 PM GMT

From the Twitter feed:
"MORE NEWS: you can hear the Best Of Series 7 on Weds 13th Feb at 11pm on @BBCRadio4; S8 starts Thurs 14th Feb at 11pm on @BBCRadio4Extra."

Dan

11pm?? on a school night? what happened to the more sensible 10.30pm? sauce.

Shame they haven't scheduled the best of for a week earlier to give newcomers a chance to hear the show before the week one deadline.

Quote: StephenM @ January 31 2013, 5:59 PM GMT

Btw Dan - do you know you're listed as being part of the writing team on the BCG description of Newsjack. Illustrious company you're keeping there!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/details/

:) oh the days of regular contribution. Till they stopped abruptedly series 4. Highly ironic it's that particular point.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 31 2013, 4:47 PM GMT

Dan

Shows my interest in the show. Come on Beeb, put her in something a bit more popular. Okay, she has been in The Now Show.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ January 31 2013, 7:28 PM GMT

11pm?? on a school night? what happened to the more sensible 10.30pm? sauce.

Just to clarify that's the 'Best of' show on Radio 4, hence the 11pm slot. On Thurs Feb 14th is the first of series 8 on Radio 4 Extra at the usual time of 10:30pm, so don't worry the 'normal' series is in the 'normal' place!

And I'm guessing the Best of... slot is less about new writers and more about new listeners. Hoping that the best of show will attract a few more people from the main station to listen to the show.

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 31 2013, 9:27 PM GMT

Shows my interest in the show. Come on Beeb, put her in something a bit more popular. Okay, she has been in The Now Show.

Check our Arthur Smith's Balham Bash (on Radio 4 Extra at the minute) and get your hands on recordings of that BBC2 Improv show hosted by Hugh Dennis (Name anyone?)

Fast and Loose

Dan

Did anyone else get on the 'best of series 7'?

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 31 2013, 7:16 PM GMT

So I've started popping back here just recently only to be confronted with THIS thread.

*starts to fret*

Does anybody know if they've still got that fu**ing robot on the staff?

WElcome back Blenki. I didn't submit anything last series due to work overload but I always read this thread and I missed your frustrations. Wave