Things that piss you off Page 1,131

I've had flu twice and I didn't throw up. I mostly had tiredness, blocked nose, sore throat, fever and complete loss of appetite.

I think I saw someone on telly recently describe the difference as being if you're ill with a cold and see a fifty pound note on your front lawn you'd go out and get it, but if you had the flu you'd not bother.

Not very medical, but might be right.

Quote: Ben @ November 18 2012, 10:40 PM GMT

I've had the flu twice and I didn't throw up kicked its f**king head I did

You da man

I've had flu a few times and it is a ballache, but being a manly man, I managed to turn a simple illness into full on mucus armageddon because I still went out drinking and smoking.

The only illness that really kicked my arse was a bad case of food poisoning - which is just like flu (sweats, chills, fever, etc.) except you're constantly exhausted by the never ending evacuation on both ends.

Once I was tempted to just lie in the tub naked and just go to town, but then I was worried I'd pass out and drown in my own fluids.

This lovely mental image is brought to you by the good people at Renegade Carpark's Disturbing Funland.

You are welcome.

Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 18 2012, 2:51 PM GMT

\
As a final snotty kick in the balls, they ring up work and say they can't go in, that they're way too sick to sit at a computer all day typing - and then spend the whole day on Facebook.
Come on sickies, die or get off the pot.

where I work if you turn up wth a runny nose and coughing a lot we are told to go home. General idea is that the rest of us don't want your germs.

Quote: reds @ November 18 2012, 11:35 PM GMT

where I work if you turn up wth a runny nose and coughing a lot we are told to go home. General idea is that the rest of us don't want your germs.

Have you never watched one of those biological disaster movies? Or at least one of those telly shows where they break out the UV light to show you other peoples...um, deposits?

There is no escape, only Michael Jackson and Howard Hughes had the considerable wealth to protect themselves from the germ apocalypse. And they're both dead.

You're doomed, doomed I tells ya! :P

The recommended feature on YouTube homepage

TTPYO: yet another classical theme for a film or TV series. There's nothing wrong with a good classical theme (think John Williams) but it's just so tedious when you hear yet another soulless theme, especially when there's been so much innovation in the past. I'm guessing the public just doesn't want innovation, and prefer to have the same old safe, boring grey noises instead, just like their cars; look at any road and 95% of cars will be conservative colours, blacks, silvers or other dark monotonous shades. It's as if we've imposed totalitarianism on ourselves, willingly conforming to demands of the lacklustre leader of Drudgery.

My car's red.
*smirks smugly*

I don't know if I'm just poor, but don't most people buy second hand cars, so don't really get to choose the colour anyway?

If I was buying brand new and could have whatever I wanted, it'd be yellow, green, burnt orange or purple.

Most cars these days seem to be f**king silver. My eyes are starving.

I just took a swig of my drink and realized that there was something floating in it, I only realised this because I felt it in my mouth. I had a moment of, do I spit it out and investigate or just swallow?

GULP!

Ignorance is bliss. :D

Urghh.

You are so desperate for meat you ate fly-meat. :(

I keep tricking myself into believing AJGO has posted. :(

Quote: zooo @ November 20 2012, 1:09 AM GMT

Urghh.

You are so desperate for meat you ate fly-meat. :(

It's what would happen if Huggy Bear ran burger van.

Quote: Lee @ November 20 2012, 1:03 AM GMT

I just took a swig of my drink and realized that there was something floating in it, I only realised this because I felt it in my mouth. I had a moment of, do I spit it out and investigate or just swallow?

GULP!

Ignorance is bliss. :D

It might have been a reflection, or a huddle of bubbles, and you psychosomatically felt it cos a bit of your brain was alerted. Yup, that's almost def what happens every time that happens.

Quote: Lee @ November 20 2012, 1:13 AM GMT

I keep tricking myself into believing AJGO has posted. :(

Hmm, such similarity to a mod...

Banned, banned, banned. You know who you are. Except you, and you, you don't even realise. You're banned from the world mwahahahaha

Oh dear, I seem to have gone mad with the imaginary power. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't looking around the table with a steely gaze, seeking things to ban from the table. Yeah, I'm looking at you random bit of paper that's askew in a way that's unpleasing to me