Peep Show - Series 8 Page 2

Quote: Pingl @ November 9 2012, 10:18 AM GMT

Haven't seen Moone Boy, the rest of them not keen. Are you seriously putting these in the same league as Peep Show?

Not saying I am, just that have been several good British sitcoms on this year.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 10:20 AM GMT

Not saying I am, just that have been several good* British sitcoms on this year.

*Okayish.

Good is of course subjective, we were talking about great, proven, tested, long running.

Quote: chipolata @ November 9 2012, 10:20 AM GMT

Laughing out loud
Stott and his jokes!

Laughing out loud

Chipolata and his inability to recognise quality!

Quote: chipolata @ November 9 2012, 10:21 AM GMT

*Okayish*.

*no, good.

Quote: Pingl @ November 9 2012, 10:21 AM GMT

Good is of course subjective, we were talking about great, proven, tested, long running.

The word he used was decent; those certainly qualify for at least that level, in my eyes.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 10:23 AM GMT

The word he used was decent

Decent to me is a show that makes me want to watch the rest of the series. I haven't seen all the shows you've mentioned, but the ones I have just filled me with indifference.

Some series take time to bed in. I think what he meant was that Peep and Thick were the best of a bland crop, the ones that stood out as future classics. The shows you mention may get better, I may come to like them, or even love them, but Peep Show had already earned its classic status. I am not hopeful for any of the shows you did mention though, and feel they will go the way of most series, two maybe three series and goodnight Vienna.

I'll be absolutely astonished if either Peep Show or The Thick Of It are still watched in 30 or 40 years like, say, Dad's Army is now.

Quote: Aaron @ November 9 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

I'll be absolutely astonished if either Peep Show or The Thick Of It are still watched in 30 or 40 years like, say, Dad's Army is now.

Don't count on that, more with Peep Show though.

I have put a reminder in Outlook and will email (or whatever we do in 30/40 years' time) you to provide astonishment.

Dan

There will be three million channels by then. Everything that has ever been made will be on somewhere!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 12:08 PM GMT

There will be three million channels by then. Everything that has ever been made will be on somewhere!

He's right you know.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 12:08 PM GMT

Just because something's available, doesn't mean anyone watches it or considers it remotely relevant. Or funny.

Quote: Aaron @ November 9 2012, 1:03 PM GMT

Just because something's available, doesn't mean anyone watches it or considers it remotely relevant. Or funny.

Well that could be said of a lot stuff that people buy on DVD now, Love Thy Neighbour?

Yes it could. I'm glad you agree.

What am I agreeing to! I've told you I don't wear anything like that! Angry