Peep Show - Series 8 Page 10

I love Peep Show, one of my favourite sitcoms. I wasn't sure about the first episode, it was a bit morbid. However I rewatched it loved it...!

Really liked this weeks episode it was a good start. I was worried how they'd handly it since it's been nearly 2 years since the last one.

I was a bit sad Gerrard died as he was one of the better supporting characters. Maybe the actor wanted to focus on his phone ads?

Very funny this week but surprised how much Mark's character has changed, it's like they've made him ten times as emotional and half as intelligent. Couldn't imagine him falling for the vanity publishing scam in the past.

It's quite amusing good lines
But it seems to sort of amble along and no real twists
Which used to be it's strong suit

Quote: sootyj @ December 2 2012, 10:51 PM GMT

But it seems to sort of amble along and no real twists

It's like they've forgotten how to structure a story. Oh no, Dobby might and go and work for someone else...um, so what? Oh no, Mark has been taken for a mug by the book publisher, you know what this means? Absolutely nothing.

Bits like Mark silently stirring the coffee and Jez's 'Of course I'm right, I just made it up' and getting rid of the Front Bottom Inspector t-shirt were excellent as always, but there was very little in terms of peril, hooks, obstacles, etc. to keep me watching and the pay off was extremely flat.

Still brilliant, but could have been more brilliant-er.

Well the dialogue's sharper than last week but the older series were as tight and twisty as Homeland.

And the whole Jezzer's a dad story has vanished.

Mark telling Dobby's ex and his mate about Business Secrets of the Pharaohs in the nightclub made me laugh the most.

I'm sure the audio track was out of sync with the visuals during the first half. But aside from the vaguely dubbed look it was a solid if unspectacular episode.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 2 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

Very funny this week but surprised how much Mark's character has changed, it's like they've made him ten times as emotional and half as intelligent. Couldn't imagine him falling for the vanity publishing scam in the past.

It was weird, having Jez be the smarter/less naive one for once.

I really enjoyed this week.

Love seeing the new Super Hans :D

I am really enjoying Jeremy being more wise, if not more intelligent, than Mark. Good dynamic.

Is it just me or did it seem like they were both having a bit of a mid life crisis this week? Mark wanting to get his book published so bad he gave the guy from BL Books his money and Jeremy wanting to have a career as life coach.

I did laugh at "I thought you said there were no boundaries?"

"There are no boundaries...within limits"

That was probably the best line in the whole episode. I wasn't convinced by Mark falling for the publishing scam. It's still the funniest thing on TV at the moment though.

The rent boy exchange is one of the first exchanges I've heard in a while made more so by the performers.

Dobby is a bit full, she used to be fantastic.