Peep Show - Series 8 Page 8

Sending Jeff round was a convenient way to get around Mark having a baby and Olivia Colman being unavailable for filming.

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 3:12 PM GMT

The same description could be applied to...Adolf Hitler.

Wait, wait, WAIT.

Are you telling me that Hitler WASN'T off his kopf on coke when he gave those speeches? Or even when he invaded Poland?

Wow. New respect for the guy.

Quote: Badge @ November 26 2012, 10:33 PM GMT

Sending Jeff round was a convenient way to get around Mark having a baby and Olivia Colman being unavailable for filming.

Hope it's seen how much better the series will be without her character. As was said in an earlier post, she has become a disliked character in more recent series. Dobby is quality though.

Quote: Will Cam @ November 26 2012, 9:27 PM GMT

Never watched this.

Same here, though I've seen bits here and there. Thought I'd give the new series a go and recorded it only to find it hasn't come out...boohoo. Will check it out on iPlayer though that's dead slow on my TV...drat.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 26 2012, 10:44 PM GMT

Same here, though I've seen bits here and there. Thought I'd give the new series a go and recorded it only to find it hasn't come out...boohoo. Will check it out on iPlayer though that's dead slow on my TV...drat.

It's Channel 4 so you won't find it on the iPlayer. I also wouldn't advise starting with the most recent series - it's a show that escalates and I doubt it works if you come in at series 8.

Don't try iPlayer, it's a Channel 4 show!

Quote: Alan O'Brien @ November 26 2012, 10:39 PM GMT

Hope it's seen how much better the series will be without her character. As was said in an earlier post, she has become a disliked character in more recent series. Dobby is quality though.

Well, considering the best episodes usually have Sophie in I will have to disagree. And advise Shandy and Will not to start here, but go back to the beginning.

Quote: Harridan @ November 26 2012, 10:45 PM GMT

It's Channel 4 so you won't find it on the iPlayer. I also wouldn't advise starting with the most recent series - it's a show that escalates and I doubt it works if you come in at series 8.

Doh, these new fangled TV catch up channels have me in a flather of confusion.

Netflix it is then to start from the beginning...I may be some time.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 26 2012, 10:51 PM GMT

Doh, these new fangled TV catch up channels have me in a flather of confusion.

Netflix it is then to start from the beginning...I may be some time.

The whole lot is available on 4oD

4oD? now I'm totally lost >_< you'll find I'm more of a radio person really.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/peep-show/4od

Quote: Badge @ November 26 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

Well, considering the best episodes usually have Sophie in I will have to disagree.

Indeed, but mostly without her being funny. Lately she has just been scary - Johnson manages to successfully combine the two. How many Peep Show fans do you hear quoting Sophie? Olivia Colman is funny though - Hot Fuzz springs to mind.