Peep Show - Series 8 Page 11

Write 5 or 6 clever one-liners for the POV bits.

Have Mark and/or Jeremy embark on a disastrous affair.

Have the other one (or both) fail at something else, probably involving work/money.

Repeat 6 times.

Go down the pub and wait for C4 to recommission another series or two.

Quote: happychef @ December 3 2012, 7:42 AM GMT

That was probably the best line in the whole episode. I wasn't convinced by Mark falling for the publishing scam. Its still the funniest thing on TV at the moment though.

Or that he'd write a whole book in CAPITALS. Barmy idea for a book, though...

Quote: Jinky @ December 3 2012, 8:15 AM GMT

Have the other one (or both) fail at something else, probably involving work/money.

Repeat 6 times.

Go down the pub and wait for C4 to recommission another series or two.

You've nailed those idiots!

I think at his best Mark wouldn't fall for that scam, but I think in the context of his diminishing self-esteem he might. It's exactly the sort of scam that would hook him, though - appealing to his intellectual vanity.

I enjoyed the episode, I like it when Jez looks after Mark, it shows the value of their relationship.

Shame Dobby's character has gone a bit crap. I think in trying to make womenfolk mysterious to Mark they end up making them dull for us.

Quote: chipolata @ December 2 2012, 11:19 PM GMT

I'm sure the audio track was out of sync with the visuals during the first half.

I thought it was just me.

Dobby stories were more interesting for me when Mark was all over the place trying to "win" her. Now he has, the goal of trying to get her to move in with him - or quitting her job(?) - doesn't seem as urgent.

Really funny this week though. Good to see Mark and Jeremy interacting a bit more - I like Hans and Dobby and Johnson, but the highlights for me are still scenes with Mark and Jez.

Has the title sequence gone a bit Battlestar Galactica to now include footage from the upcoming episode?

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 3 2012, 9:19 AM GMT

I thought it was just me.

It usually is. :P

But in this case they'd defintely buggered up something whilst editing.

>_<

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 3 2012, 8:57 AM GMT

You've nailed those idiots!

Yeah!!

Seriously though, this really does feel like it's on autopilot.

The end of this series will have given us 48 episodes. More than its dad (Men Behaving Badly with 42) and its Granddad (Likely Lads with 47). We'll have to get to series 20 before it beats its Great Granddad, The Odd Couple.

Wait a minute.....The Likely Lads is older than The Odd Couple, isn't it?

Well the concept still stands even if the facts get in the way.

Really liked the 'velvet spoon' - very Peep Show :D But with Mark's book-writing (a great idea and a natural storyline for him) I think more can be done to get laughs from the actual writing process. The caffeine-hyper writing at 6 in the morning was okay but seemed very familiar and generic - it could be a joke written for any character from any comedy series. Would be good to really hear Mark's thoughts while he's writing - the pressure getting to him, self-doubts, ego, spoiling a well-written chapter with something libellous (remember his Nazi love faux pas with Sophie?), etc.

I was a bit disappointed with this weeks episode and can only echo all the criticisms above. Hopefully it's just a blip.

I think it really missed the 2 story lines crossing over. I mean in the one where they have the mushrooms and Mark has the shits.

It's just beautiful how the 2 stories intersected.

Yeah that was a funny episode. I'm not a big fan of series 3-5 though, I felt they got out of the flat a bit too much then.

I just love Peep Show so much, that even when it isn't LOL funny, I still get great satisfaction listening to the dialogue and ideas. It feels like I am studying masters at work and just absorb the rhythms within the language.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 26 2012, 1:13 PM GMT

Mark always seems to be starting a new job, Jezza is always promising to change his wild ways, Mark is always trying to get Jez to move out, they both have a doomed romance, etc.

Quote: Jinky @ December 3 2012, 8:15 AM GMT

Repeat 6 times.

I think we're close to the motherload here people. It's like we're peeling back the curtain. All we need is a Super Hans drug relapse and we've cracked it.