Peep Show - Series 8 Page 7

I do think it just didn't meet the high standard it set itself. It didn't have that sense of supressed, urban psychopathy that used to be its calling card.

Jez contemplating raping Mark, Mark planning to give up his whole life and live in Dartmouth for a girl and his weird crush on Johnson. And Super Hans being a hilarious, unironic, drugged up psychopath.

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

It didn't have that sense of supressed, urban psychopathy that used to be its calling card.

If you watch the last few series, they always seem to start the same way - oh look, everything is a bit different but more 'normal'. Mark always seems to be starting a new job, Jezza is always promising to change his wild ways, Mark is always trying to get Jez to move out, they both have a doomed romance, etc.

I'm sure by the end of the series, Mark will have accidentally murdered Dobby, Jez will have sex with her corpse and Super Hans will end up shitting on her hearse. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Well I'll certainly watch the rest of the series.

I think this one started quite mental which may have been the problem.

I love the latest reference to naan bread supposedly being such a luxuriant addition to an Indian that constitutes pushing the boat out - the first one being from the Gog/Daryl-racism episode: "Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane"

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

I do think it just didn't meet the high standard it set itself. It didn't have that sense of supressed, urban psychopathy that used to be its calling card.

Jez contemplating raping Mark, Mark planning to give up his whole life and live in Dartmouth for a girl and his weird crush on Johnson. And Super Hans being a hilarious, unironic, drugged up psychopath.

The series is just starting, I'm sure things will go into meltdown very soon. It must be said it's good to have something on the box that is much see TV, there is an incredible amount of shit on at the moment.

The Thick Of It ends, Getting On begins, Getting On ends, Peep Show begins. Recently it seems like there is always one must watch comedy show running and sod all else.

Really liked last night's ep, I guess they had to waste a little time recapping what was going on with everyone (I think the last series was two years ago). But I liked it. If they can work Johnson into an episode I am happy.

That thing on after Peep Show (I think it was called Kookyville) was appalling though.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ November 26 2012, 2:13 PM GMT

The Thick of it ends, Getting On begins, Getting On ends, Peep Show begins. Recently it seems like there is always one must watch comedy show running and sod all else.

Really liked last nights ep, I guess they had to waste a little time recapping what was going on with everyone, (I think the last series was two years ago). But I liked it. If they can work Johnson into an episode I am happy.

That thing on after Peep Show (I think it was called Kookyville) was appalling though.

Didn't bother with Kookyville, the title said everything I needed to know.

Last show I really liked was Friday Night Dinner. The Thick Of It; somehow it's too smug, loud and not critical enough.

4od has on their Peep Show section that both Jeremy and Mark are dysfunctional, only Jeremy is, Mark goes to work and doesn't take drugs or break the law when he seemed like he had taken drugs he hadn't really.

Quote: peepshowmatt @ November 26 2012, 3:10 PM GMT

Mark goes to work and doesn't take drugs or break the law when he seemed like he had taken drugs he hadn't really.

The same description could be applied to George Galloway and Adolf Hitler.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 26 2012, 5:40 PM GMT

I thought the protoconous sight gag at 16.38 in episode 4 of series 2 overcame the obtudity of the tri-exchange from 21.32 to 24.11 in episode 2 of the same series. Yet both were subsequently outpeached by the verisimilitudinous visiverbal faux faux pas at 14.23 in episode 5 of series 4. How could they ever follow that? This new series certainly has a lot to live up to and I, for one

Surely it was 16,43 episode 3 of series 6, don't call me Shirley!

Quote: peepshowmatt @ November 26 2012, 3:10 PM GMT

4od has on their Peep Show section that both Jeremy and Mark are dysfunctional, only Jeremy is, Mark goes to work and doesn't take drugs or break the law when he seemed like he had taken drugs he hadn't really.

Mark is a different kind of dysfunctional to Jez, granted. He's dysfunctional in the slightly twisted way he goes about things, whether it's out of paranoia, desperation, lust, embarrassment or in a bid to just appear normal.

Sabotaging Dobby's microwave, hacking into Sophie's emails, following a girl to university and attending her history class, acting like he is on E just to impress Sophie.

This was the funniest half hour of the year so far for me. So many gems - Jeremy in the therapist's office, Gerrard dying and Mark's subsequent purchase of a Steven Gerrard cake and Superhans headhunting Mark. Witticisms aplenty in the dialogue too - Armstrong and Bain on top form.

Never watched this. Saw it was on Netflix so gave it a go tonight. Watched ten minutes and gave up. I just don't get it.

Quote: lofthouse @ November 25 2012, 11:56 PM GMT

How come Sophie didn't show her face?

Sending Jeff round for the smelly baby was a much better idea than boring Sophie coming round - when did she last do or say anything funny? She's just a ghost at Mark's weird feast.