Newsjack - Series 7 Page 33

Surprised they ran the Google sketch, those gags were done recently (on Finnemore's show, I think).

Quote: Nogget @ October 19 2012, 5:46 PM BST

Surprised they ran the Google sketch, those gags were done recently (on Finnemore's show, I think).

They've been done half a dozen times on Newsjack too...

last three sketches of the series. 1) Starbucks 2) From The archive and 3) Diary. Happy with them all..at the moment

I've gone with the Google share crash, doctors' annual assessments and bitingly, Cheryl Cole's microphone issues. Thanks God it's all over :)

Phew. Just got in under the wire. Sent in a Taser script. Was sweating on maybe missing the deadline by a couple of minutes but the auto reply would suggest all is well. Has anyone 'stretched' the midday cut off and got away with it?

Must admit never submitted after 12 noon - way too paranoid for that so always send by 11.30am.

My three this week are:

Energy Price Plans
World's fastest supercomputer (my story no-one else has heard off this week)
Ed Miliband standing up to the unions at the Anti-Austerity March

Well after running the risk of leaving it to the last minute (to make sure they could be as good as possible).....I missed the deadline.

Alas I've sent them anyway in a vain hope that someone takes pity on me but I'm not holding out for anything. Which is fair enough.

I went with Ed Miliband and the TUC, a van crashing and spilling frozen chickens across the road, and Felix Baumgartner's childhood drawing.

Quote: Writersbloc @ October 22 2012, 12:17 PM BST

Phew. Just got in under the wire. Sent in a Taser script. Was sweating on maybe missing the deadline by a couple of minutes but the auto reply would suggest all is well. Has anyone 'stretched' the midday cut off and got away with it?

Well I submitted three sketches at about 11.55 but gmail was taking forever to load and even longer to upload the attachements so not 100% sure it sent before 12. Afterwards I noticed it seemed to have missed my BBC interviewing the BBC sketch, so sent that about 12.40 ish (in case they're feeling generous).

Submitted (Theoretically):

George Osborne helps someone with their finances.
an iPad Mini themed Newsjack shop
Justin interviewing a BBC reporter as she interviews him...

To be fair, the lack of success I've had this series means my chances weren't great even if I made the deadline.

Quote: Nogget @ October 19 2012, 5:46 PM BST

They also did the same sketch last series

I submitted three sketches nine minutes before the deadline and got the reply 1 minute after (so I'm safe write?)

My three sketches were, e-Bay not paying tax, George Osborne on a train and the odd british weather for the week. Does it annoy anyone that the one week we get a deluge of good useable stories is the last week?

Being someone who loves this and the opportunity it presents, the last week always annoys me. Saying that, I imagine the stories next week will be even more ripe for satirising.

No sketches from me this week, again.

Got some one-liners though, adding to them tonight.

The last auto-reply of the series so that means it's all over from my end.

I'm going to miss Newsjack next week as have really enjoyed writing for this series. And feel I've only got fully into the swing of it just as it ends!

Quote: StephenM @ October 23 2012, 1:31 PM BST

I'm going to miss Newsjack next week as have really enjoyed writing for this series. And feel I've only got fully into the swing of it just as it ends!

Me too. Still finishing my one liners now I'll send mine in at the last minute - well 3:30 which is as late as I'll dare send them

I've submitted three sketches and nine one-liners this week.

Done. You know what? I'm going to enjoy not reading any newspapers this weekend.

Dan