Newsjack - Series 7 Page 35

And I want a pasty Mawhinney! By 9pm tonight. And needs to be a nice one.

I'd have thought most people reading this thread are pasty from staying in every weekend for 6 weeks writing Newshack material.

Newshack?

Freudian slip?

Ha ha - didn't spot that, although next door have a recently built shed so that might be the freudian element

Quote: swerytd @ October 24 2012, 1:17 PM BST

I want 15 KIPOD sketches by Monday, Mawhinney! Otherwise I will be extremely passive-aggressive and sarcastic.

And I want them in an editable format!

Dan

You need to set me achievable goals for the deadline to have any meaning. (And apologies to everyone for what is essentially a huge in-joke)

So that's it Newsjack has gone. [Well not quite I had an (edited) sketch in the recording so I predict I'll be wasting a lot of time on the internet between 4 and 6pm tonight.] I wasn't just making it up about the audience being flat last week as we got a specil pep talk from the producer to be so much better than last week's audience (There's a catchphrase in there somewhere). And even some mention of you-know-what. Not necessarily Jimmy directly but the Panorama programme.

Good luck for the e-mail wait today and here's to that strange feeling when we all go outside, blinking in the sun, at the weekend.

Quote: StephenM @ October 25 2012, 8:53 AM BST

Good luck for the e-mail wait today and here's to that strange feeling when we all go outside, blinking in the sun, at the weekend.

Sun?

Have you been locked indoors refreshing BBC News homepage for so long you've forgotten which country you're in?

If we're looking up towards where the sun should be, we're more likely blinking as our eyes fill with raindrops.

But whatever the weekend forecast: good luck all!

For anyone who went last night, are there any sketches you remember?

I know we'll know by 5pm tonight (approximately) but any morsel of information is enough to keep the boredom away before then

Quote: StephenM @ October 25 2012, 8:53 AM BST

You need to set me achievable goals for the deadline to have any meaning. (And apologies to everyone for what is essentially a huge in-joke)

So that's it Newsjack has gone. (Well not quite I had an (edited) sketch in the recording so I predict I'll be wasting a lot of time on the internet between 4 and 6pm tonight.) I wasn't just making it up about the audience being flat last week as we got a specil pep talk from the producer to be so much better than last week's audience (There's a catchphrase in there somewhere). And even some mention of you-know-what. Not necessarily Jimmy directly but the Panorama programme.

Well done on getting something in. Can you tell us what it was?

>And even some mention of you-know-what. Not necessarily Jimmy directly but the Panorama programme.

They pretty much had to to be fair; I understand them saying 'We're not touching that' regarding Savile (Hardly the first time that's been said in his presence...), but the BBC eating itself was pretty much the big story of the week.

Any more reports on what was used?

Quote: David Salisbury @ October 25 2012, 10:42 AM BST

Well done on getting something in. Can you tell us what it was?

It was an Ed Miliband sketch about him being a tough guy. Won't give anymore away as it might spoil the surprise. (Insert relevant caveats in the last sentence)

I'm never keen on giving too much away from the recording. Partly because I don't want to spoil the surprise and partly because my memory is awful and I could cause unnecessary grief.

But my favourites were the two BNP B&B sketches, end of term games sketch and the George Osborne upgrading sketch.

Quote: StephenM @ October 25 2012, 2:08 PM BST

But my favourites were the two BNP B&B sketches, end of term games sketch and the George Osborne upgrading sketch.

I wrote a BNP B&B sketch. But then again - so did probably a hundred other people.

Quote: StephenM @ October 25 2012, 2:08 PM BST

the George Osborne upgrading sketch.

I covered that story via the ITV reporter tweeting so if they covered it otherwise I'm out

<Hits refresh>

Tum te tum

<Hits refresh>

You think they're having end of series fun and making us wait?

Reminds me of the episode for Community(*) where the real experiment was to see how long people would wait for before cracking.

(* If you haven't seen Community you're missing out. Best comedy on TV at the moment. So of course no big British TV station is showing it)