Newsjack - Series 7 Page 18

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ September 28 2012, 3:05 PM BST

By the way mine was the Ed Miliband sketch

Ahhh that was ace, loved it.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ September 28 2012, 3:05 PM BST

By the way mine was the Ed Miliband sketch

Your sketch sir? your sketch? I think you will find the words "Telephone" and "Beano" were written by me.

I also submitted an Ed Sketch. It looks like they have taken the best of the two and blended them together. The equivalent of when a garage welds two cars together. Although in this case they have taken the whole DBM's car and then dangled my furry dice from his rear view mirror.

Looking back at my post I have made the assumption that DBM is a man. If this is not the case I apologise.

I was the last time I checked, sorry Trabs I simply assumed they rewrote mine rather than combining ours. I apologise Mr Fowler

Congrats to everyone who got stuff on this week. It was another really funny episode! The Ed Miliband material was great and the Andrew Mitchell stuff was really funny too! Very pleasantly surprised by them reading out the list of writers at the end. Is that likely to be a permanent fixture or can they only do it if they've enough time at the end? Hoping to join in the fun the week after next....

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ September 28 2012, 6:28 PM BST

I was the last time I checked, sorry Trabs I simply assumed they rewrote mine rather than combining ours. I apologise Mr Fowler

So little of my sketch was used, that I can't really claim any credit for it.

Well done by the way, I think you wrote a really strong sketch.

Quote: Dalekwidow @ September 28 2012, 7:30 PM BST

Congrats to everyone who got stuff on this week. It was another really funny episode! The Ed Miliband material was great and the Andrew Mitchell stuff was really funny too! Very pleasantly surprised by them reading out the list of writers at the end. Is that likely to be a permanent fixture or can they only do it if they've enough time at the end? Hoping to join in the fun the week after next....

They didn't read out all the names.

Due to being under the weather, I only managed to submit a single sketch this week.

It was frustrating - especially as there's been a number of interesting stories.

Ah the comforting reassurance of the auto-reply...

All very quiet on here today, has everyone decided Newsjack just won't be the same without Mr. Writer?

For those still here my three today were:

- The diary of Davis Love III
- Sketch on Jobless men (archive around jobless women story)
- Great British Bake Off (got to be done sometime)

Seeing as I had four hours sleep on Friday night and getting to bed at 3am on Saturday night, Sunday when I was supposed to spend the whole day writing I spent most of it sleeping. But ho-hum still managed three sketches (though possibly not the best of sketches)

- Justin Lee Collins
- Megan Stammers and Jeremy Forest
- Vatican Court

Only managed to send two this week - what with KIPOD, and buying a house. I had a third sketch but didn't want to send a poor version of it when I know it could be much better with a bit more work. It's on a "zeitgeisty" story so I think it will hold over to next week.

So my two effots were on
Ed Milliband wanting to get on TV comedy show like Letterman
The (big?) story on the tectonic plate between India and Australia splitting.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ October 1 2012, 12:16 PM BST

- Megan Stammers and Jeremy Forest

>_< :D

Quote: David Salisbury @ October 1 2012, 12:20 PM BST

>_< :D

It was very tasteful and very funny! Plus it's a story which is major and has had the best possible ending, there is a good chance they may touch on it.

Quote: David Salisbury @ October 1 2012, 12:20 PM BST

Ed Milliband wanting to get on TV comedy show like Letterman

That's an interesting idea, though he'd have more chance getting on Jeremy Kyle with his brother.

You can have that.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ October 1 2012, 12:40 PM BST

It was very tasteful and very funny! Plus it's a story which is major and has had the best possible ending, there is a good chance they may touch on it.

Just for reference, removing the word 'hymen' does not immediately change something to 'very tasteful'.

Live webchat this coming Friday, 1pm-2:

Quote: @NewjackBBC Twitter Feed

Next Friday from 1-2pm we'll be holding a live webchat on our site with the producers, script editor & host Justin Edwards. #spreadtheword

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 1 2012, 1:46 PM BST

Just for reference, removing the word 'hymen' does not immediately change something to 'very tasteful'.

Oh, but it was so much more than that. And anyway that's not how I played this story.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ October 1 2012, 1:51 PM BST

Oh, but it was so much more than that. And anyway that's not how I played this story.

It's not just taste. Producers also tend to avoid stories which concern ongoing legal proceedings.