Newsjack - Series 7 Page 19

Quote: John Kelly @ October 1 2012, 1:59 PM BST

It's not just taste. Producers also tend to avoid stories which concern ongoing legal proceedings.

Ah, now that is something that genuinely never occurred to me and a very good point. So if a story is in the middle of a trial/legal proceedings they simply won't do it? Is there ever any exceptions? Certainly something for me to consider in the future anyway (and definitely ask on the live chat)

There are tough rules on publicity after charge which could potentially prejudice a trial.Big media organisations are constantly pushing the boundaries against these but they nonetheless risk action for contempt as a result. Prior to charge is more tricky, but I suspect a show like this will tend to err on the side of caution. As you say it would be a good thing to ask on the webchat.

Not sure if it's just this cold I've got, or whether I've 'lost it', but I'm not firing on all cylinders lately. Really poor effort from me so far in this series.

I submitted seven one-liners last night. I initially wrote ten, but decided that three weren't good enough.

Sent five jokes this week, I really struggled this week with the stories - but I'm not sure why.

Mmm...I guess if you send something but don't get an automatic receipt you're shagged?

Quote: Poirot @ October 2 2012, 3:41 PM BST

Mmm...I guess if you send something but don't get an automatic receipt you're shagged?

Don't worry about it too much. If you sent it to the right place it should get through and they've always had trouble with their auto-reply thing.

Granted it's much better when you do get it but if you're really worried Angelic check your spam mail and (b) tweet them just to make sure.

This week did feel different to the other two. No big news story (or stories) dominating and lots of ones about death and paedophilia! Still the longer Ed Miliband talked the more material for comedy there was. And he conveniently stopped half an hour before the deadline.

Off they go. My sketches this week were 1) Hong Kong business man offering reward to "turn" his gay daughter 2) an ed miliband sketch - including fanfare and 3) Women For Independence

I avoid Ed this time because it seemed to over-saturated. I did manage to write a joke about bees, Jeremy Clarkson, the Vatican trial and a couple of others.

12 one liners squeezed through at 15.59

A couple of them aren't bad at all.

I was in 2 minds about writing an Ed sketch too, but lack of major stories forced my hand

I'm going on Wednesday Steve so I promise to laugh at your stuff this week to make sure it doesn't get cut again. And badge's.

Quote: blahblah @ October 2 2012, 4:07 PM BST

I was in 2 minds about writing an Ed sketch too, but lack of major stories forced my hand

How appropriate.

Well I'm counting myself out of the running this week with getting on, I just don't think my stuff was strong enough.

Quote: blahblah @ October 2 2012, 4:07 PM BST

:O Please Mr Blahblah there maybe ladies present :$

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ October 2 2012, 4:14 PM BST

:O Please Mr Blahblah there maybe ladies present :$

I reworded it from "I was in 2 minds about doing Ed too" to avoid this kind of response :D

Quote: blahblah @ October 2 2012, 4:19 PM BST

I reworded it from "I was in 2 minds about doing Ed too" to avoid this kind of response :D

Yes but you left in the "self abuse" line