Newsjack - Series 7 Page 23

Genitals and nipples.

Nice way to start a new page.

:D

Dan

Live Webchat is running: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r/features/livechat

If you're reading this after 2pm, you've missed it.

Dan

Ok, own up - who was 'An Honest Mouthful'? ;)

My guess JoeBloggs69

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/25685/

Is he particularly bitter?

I don't know, it's probably a bad guess.

From the webchat: series 8 will begin in February.

Dan

Quote: Big Jack @ October 4 2012, 7:16 PM BST

Texted them - food sketch was cut, so close but no tagliatelle - and I guess the 4G, 5G, 6G, 7G one too, if it was even recorded. I thought I'd contributed quite well at the meeting, but after pride comes a fall.

Unless I'm wrong Jack they used your 4G sketch?

Quote: StephenM @ October 5 2012, 10:03 AM BST

the 4G one got great laughs.

Just to clarify for those who heard it at the recording, I contributed but I didn't write the 4G sketch - that is someone else's work, but I can't remember who.. .

You know that when you can't remember who wrote a sketch? That's that 9G that is...

Dan

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ October 5 2012, 3:28 PM BST

Unless I'm wrong Jack they used your 4G sketch?

Er...I haven't listened to to the show yet - but, per previous post, it's not my sketch. We were looking for an angle on 4G and I just suggested selling the solution to the economic crisis might be selling 5G, 6G, 7G now as well, which then became a sketch idea about selling things that didn't exist, like déjà vu, the spirit world etc. "sensory perception and now with new extra-sensory perception" was mine if it was in, but I don't remember anyone in the meeting laughing at it!

Like Jon said on the webcast, being in the meeting doesn't guarantee a credit - my disappointment is that I've done a Ronny Rosenthal and I'm still only 4th or 5th equal in the #KIPOD NJ credits league. The meeting was immense fun, being in a room of creative people (James and Tom in particular were straight off the cuff hilarious - there's a morsel of hope for non-commers) and I'd go again at the drop of a hat.

I included two of my rejected gags in my set at The Fringe on Tuesday and The Wardrobe Theatre last night, to good reception - I would say 20% of my live performance is now a direct result of writing submissions for NJ that get rejected!

Quote: Frantically @ October 5 2012, 1:59 PM BST

Ok, own up - who was 'An Honest Mouthful'? ;)

Clearly a very good way to get on the webchat. But you have to ask is it really the right way to build relationships at the BBC? Assuming you'd want to be called in to work with people at the BBC one day.

I'd just like to point out that I was not Honest Mouthful, although I did join the webchat for about 30 minutes in my lunch hour. I did wonder if the thread on here had provoked that question.

I don't actually hold the view expressed by Honest Mouthful, my thread on here is more an enquiry into whether or not top universities create good comedy writers, or whether there is a bias toward their graduates. I don't necessarily agree with either view as such. More to the point, I don't understand the attitude of that post, it was rude and stupid. I'm surprised the mods let it through since I asked several questions myself and only got one through.

I logged in as JonA and asked if there were any repercussions from consistently sending in crap or offensive stuff (looks at fingernails and whistles).

I also found the follow up question to mine to be very rude for no good reason. Someone accused Jon of being stupid because he said he didn't take any notice of people's names until he decided whether or not he liked the sketch.

What's wrong with people? Honestly. It's like turning up to a job interview and telling them to mind their own f**king business. Stupid.

I for one found the webchat to be very useful and am pleased that those involved took the time to do it, despite the f**kwits.

Edit:
Only just realised that Honest Mouthful had a few rather aggressive questions earlier on too. Prick.

Sorry Joebloggs, I didn't mean to accuse you, I just noticed that you posted a similar question (in much much better way) on the forums but didn't realise how offensive Honest Mouthful was - all I noticed was a similarity in that single question. I hope my retraction was clear. Your questions were really good, they were stuff I wanted to ask myself. Yes those two posters (I think the other one was AHM?) were just horrific. Sorry again Joe :(