The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 51

Quote: evan rubivellian @ February 15 2012, 9:21 PM GMT

Classic mistake!

Economics is really the study of the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.

I thought it was cooking dinner and making cakes. It is in my house anyway.

Quote: Marc P @ February 15 2012, 10:09 PM GMT

Frankly, I expect much better from a published author who's written a book masquerading as with James Patterson.

Dan

Don't call me Frankly!

I think you'll find this is called Homo Economics.

Simon or Declan - please throw us a bone and write us a blog!!

Include a few nice comments about some scripts that you've been reading and then we can take those comments away for in depth analysis and (mis)interpretation.

I know, I know, I know.... we should move on, write something else, and stop hanging about this God forsaken forum but we can't, I'm sure we've all tried and yet here we are again...

A bit needy!

Huh? 'Oh dear'

Quote: sarahbean @ February 16 2012, 3:45 PM GMT

I know, I know, I know.... we should move on, write something else, and stop hanging about this God forsaken forum but we can't, I'm sure we've all tried and yet here we are again...

Could extend it and beef it up for Laugh Track? (The BBC Sitcom thing).

Quote: Feeoree @ February 16 2012, 6:22 PM GMT

Could extend it and beef it up for Laugh Track? (The BBC Sitcom thing).

Or trim it a little and enter the Sitcom Trials.

Mind you, working on other projects does not stop me from fretting about the competitions I have entered.

Quote: sarahbean @ February 16 2012, 3:45 PM GMT

Simon or Declan - please throw us a bone and write us a blog!!

Include a few nice comments about some scripts that you've been reading and then we can take those comments away for in depth analysis and (mis)interpretation.

But what if there aren't any scripts he likes? :O Or maybe he and Simon have gone off to the Bahamas for the month on all our money and left the cat at home to read the scripts? Am I helping? Only two weeks to go tho. :)

Does anyone here know how long the shortlist is, please? Is it 16 and then 8 finalists after rewrites? That info isn't up on website anymore. Ta.

IIRC it was a shortlist of 32

Quote: Declan @ February 9 2012, 7:10 PM GMT

I'll do a blog soon.

Today I read a really funny one which I think is a definite contender.

And I've just read the most appalling, misogynistic pile of stinking crud that you would never believe.

Next year, we'll definitely have an award for Worst Sitcom.

We know for a fact he likes one script so far.

Why don't the nervous and impatient just pacify themselves with the fact that,
currently, everyone who entered is still in the running?

If we are doing requests, though, I hope we don't get a blog and that neither Declan nor Simon even post on here til the big 'reveal day'...it'll put a bit of
extra excitement into the frenzy of posts that will appear on this thread a couple of days before.

Sorry, I have to post this.

Can we have a straw poll:

Who actually read the guidelines? Because there's some funny fish out there who definitely didn't.

Bugger!