The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 53

Hey Dec,

Just wondering, if we are not sucsessfulll do we get a vert short (like 2 sentences) bit of feedback as to why not?

Thanks

Not unless you've paid extra for feedback. But the basic reason would be 'at least 32 scripts were better than yours'.

Quote: andyblacksheep @ February 17 2012, 2:22 PM GMT

Not unless you've paid extra for feedback. But the basic reason would be 'at least 32 scripts were better than yours'.

Or maybe 399.

Quote: bluer than blue @ February 17 2012, 2:33 PM GMT

Or maybe 399.

You're a 'glass half empty' sort, then? ;)

Andy's right. To do even a couple of sentences we'd have to read all four hundred scripts all over again. There just isn't time to do them justice.

Don't forget that there's peer review available in the Critique section.

Quote: simon wright @ February 17 2012, 5:31 PM GMT

Andy's right. To do even a couple of sentences we'd have to read all four hundred scripts all over again. There just isn't time.

So you finished the reading?

Quote: evan rubivellian @ February 17 2012, 5:33 PM GMT

So you finished the reading?

Nowhere near. We'll get there by the 29th, but we've got a lot of scripts and we want to give each one a chance.

Simon: But I put it to you that your previous post implied having read all four hundred scripts...

Thinking about it, though, I do not want to get in an argument with one of the judges. So, may I just say how handsome your avatar photo is?

Quote: evan rubivellian @ February 17 2012, 5:41 PM GMT

Simon: But I put it to you that your previous post implied having read all four hundred scripts...

Thinking about it, though, I do not want to get in an argument with one of the judges. So, may I just say how handsome your avatar photo is?

We're doing written crits for those who took out early or standard bronze entry. Each takes between 2 and 3 hours, so there' s limit to how many we can get through in a day.

You may certainly say how handsome my avatar photo is.

Simon: On a serious note while you are here, Alfred Kipper asked a good question earlier on-how many scripts are going to be shortlisted? Is it 32 as was suggested by one of the posters?

32 are longlisted and then 16 shortlisted going through to public performance.

Thanks anyway :) to be honest I'd change a lot of my script now probably but I'm pretty happy with it for a short idea and it shows my style. I'm just happy that it seems every script is given a chance, defiantly worth paying for.

I paid submissively but that's just how I roll-over.

We had an interesting day auditioning actors. We're trying to get to know more actors who are good at comedy.

Some real finds, too. We're feeling good about the new season.

How do you find actors to audition?

At the risk of sounding desperate, that is definitely a casting call I would have answered, and have a relatively good acting CV