The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 50

When you think you nailed something and send it off, then reality kicks in and you know another knock back is about to happen is very sensitive on a tortured soul. But hey ho another year and more competitions and more time to get it right. :S

Quote: bighead65 @ February 12 2012, 1:42 PM GMT

When you think you nailed something and send it off, then reality kicks in and you know another knock back is about to happen is very sensitive on a tortured soul. But hey ho another year and more competitions and more time to get it right. :S

That's why it takes balls to write a script and send it off to things like Sitcom Mission. Trying again and again is the only way we are ever going to become good writers. So, good for us. We rock.

Quote: sarahbean @ February 12 2012, 5:44 PM GMT

That's why it takes balls to write a script and send it off to things like Sitcom Mission. Trying again and again is the only way we are ever going to become good writers. So, good for us. We rock.

Even if someone's written something I don't like, I'm still impressed and inspired that they've taken the time, energy and effort to do so; glad and delighted that they've chosen to send it to us and proud of the fact that we've helped get the ball rolling for them.

Anyone who sent a script in to us, we salute you.

Quote: Declan @ February 12 2012, 6:18 PM GMT

Even if someone's written something I don't like, I'm still impressed and inspired that they've taken the time, energy and effort to do so; glad and delighted that they've chosen to send it to us and proud of the fact that we've helped get the ball rolling for them.

Anyone who sent a script in to us, we salute you.

Aw... feelin' the love today.

feeling it too, by God we need it at this nerve racking time. Rewrite rewrite rewrite, it can only get better woo hoo!

Quote: bighead65 @ February 12 2012, 8:21 PM GMT

feeling it too, by God we need it at this nerve racking time. Rewrite rewrite rewrite, it can only get better woo hoo!

There's two other sitcom-writing competitions (Sitcom Trials and BBC Laugh Track) on at the moment and I hope everyone's using those opportunities as well! The more you enter, the more you do; the more you do, the better you get and the more it occupies the mind.

Quote: Declan @ February 12 2012, 8:31 PM GMT

There's two other sitcom-writing competitions (Sitcom Trials and BBC Laugh Track) on at the moment and I hope everyone's using those opportunities as well! The more you enter, the more you do; the more you do, the better you get and the more it occupies the mind.

The more the merrier one day the right person just might laugh enough to cause a slight ripple in the sea of rejection wink wink Declan!

Quote: bighead65 @ February 12 2012, 8:39 PM GMT

The more the merrier one day the right person just might laugh enough to cause a slight ripple in the sea of rejection wink wink Declan!

Ah, you've met my wife.

Yes she said she loved my script and she is going to finance it herself, even if she has to sell your favourite train set to do it!!!!!

She gave me the Hornby at Christmas...

Look, leave me alone, I've got scripts to read.

I don't think I've ever been as anxious, impatient and restless as I have in anticipation for the shortlist announcement. To combat the unease, me and the missus have put an offer in on a house.

If we all do that the Sitcom Mission could be responsible for a new economic boom!

Yeah 400ish people putting offers on houses should sort things out.

Economics is a piece of piss.

Quote: rwayne @ February 15 2012, 8:27 PM GMT

Yeah 400ish people putting offers on houses should sort things out.

Economics is a piece of piss.

Tough crowd... :)

Classic mistake!

Economics is really the study of the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.

Had to point this out in case literal-minded people have problems when they go to the toilet, or the bank.