The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heoixX_b7gI

Thought that was the one.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 24 2012, 11:23 AM GMT

I think I saw something about a 'rewrite' for the shortlist decision stage but that info's now gone, and I could have muddled it up with something else.

As I understood it, the advancement from long to short list is based on your ability to rewrite your script, not only according to your own instincts but according to notes from the SCM team. So a big 'yes' in other words.

Simon/ Declan - that's a couple of times now that people have wanted info that was on the various 'entry' pages. I can see why you replaced the entry page with a 'now closed' page, but can you put up links to things like, in particular, the T&C's? It's hard to insist people stick to your rules if they can't read them. ;)

Will putting the rules up after the competition has closed really help though?

Oh that's good then, for the lucky ones who get longlisted. Cheers for info.

Quote: andyblacksheep @ February 24 2012, 11:50 AM GMT

It's hard to insist people stick to your rules if they can't read them. ;)

Andy, they were in black and white and everybody ticked a box to say they'd read them!

But they're here if anybody wants to check them:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/guidelines/

Fair enough, Ciaran did the upload so didn't know he'd ticked a box!

Just in defence of people who didn't get it quite right (and surely we will be many) I'm sure nobody intentionally voids their own entry on purpose.
No matter how clearly the rules are written people will misunderstand what they actually mean.
Particularly if this competition offers someone their first chance to enter anything then they are also inexperienced. I understand if you had entries, year on year, from the same person making the same mistakes it would be irratating but for those who are having a first go it's difficult.
I have entered this competition for the last three years; my first entry I was convinced was brilliant and flawless. The fact it was set in a shop and unstageable totally passed me by... but you learn, hopefully, as you go along.
Be encouraged by the fact that this competition will encourage people to write and if that means that you are frustrated by some scripts then just look on it as the downside of it's success.
By the way, my entry this year IS brilliant and flawless.

Quote: rwayne @ February 24 2012, 3:23 PM GMT

Just in defence of people who didn't get it quite right (and surely we will be many) I'm sure nobody intentionally voids their own entry on purpose.
No matter how clearly the rules are written people will misunderstand what they actually mean.
Particularly if this competition offers someone their first chance to enter anything then they are also inexperienced. I understand if you had entries, year on year, from the same person making the same mistakes it would be irratating but for those who are having a first go it's difficult.
I have entered this competition for the last three years; my first entry I was convinced was brilliant and flawless. The fact it was set in a shop and unstageable totally passed me by... but you learn, hopefully, as you go along.
Be encouraged by the fact that this competition will encourage people to write and if that means that you are frustrated by some scripts then just look on it as the downside of it's success.
By the way, my entry this year IS brilliant and flawless.

I totally agree, and we all make mistakes when we send things off, I made a massive one in an email yesterday.

It just breaks my heart when people have put so much hard work into something and paid good money for it to be rejected on technicalities.

And everything you write is brilliant and flawless, especially your posts.

Quote: andyblacksheep @ February 24 2012, 3:19 PM GMT

Fair enough, Ciaran did the upload so didn't know he'd ticked a box!

Yeah, that's it, blame the wife.

"And everything you write is brilliant and flawless, especially your posts"

Thank you. Is it ok if I accept that as my feedback?

Quote: rwayne @ February 24 2012, 3:38 PM GMT

"And everything you write is brilliant and flawless, especially your posts"

Thank you. Is it ok if I accept that as my feedback?

If you want. That's another £40 please.

I'll pop it in an envelope, with my dignity, and post it off.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of entries have been disqualified because they failed to adhere to the rules? To the nearest 3 decimals please.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ February 24 2012, 5:30 PM GMT

Out of curiosity, what percentage of entries have been disqualified because they failed to adhere to the rules? To the nearest 3 decimals please.

Will it help anybody to know this, or will it just hold the guys up reading scripts!?

I was, of course, joking about the accuracy to 3 decimal places. Two will be more than sufficient.

Will it help anyone? Well, it will satisfy my curiosity and give us something to comment on while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for the result.

As to holding up the script reading, surely they have a team of statisticians on hand to analyse the database for just such an enquiry. Is that too much to ask?

Quote: Declan @ February 24 2012, 3:32 PM GMT

I totally agree, and we all make mistakes when we send things off, I made a massive one in an email yesterday.

It just breaks my heart when people have put so much hard work into something and paid good money for it to be rejected on technicalities.

Declan if you reject something on technicalities that really is your choice old bean! I would hope the producer in you will come forth. :)