The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 60

Quote: simon wright @ February 29 2012, 10:08 AM GMT

break out the champagne!

Now we know the real reason for the delay! :)

Quote: Shirl the Whirl @ February 29 2012, 10:05 AM GMT

I got my first bit of feedback this morning, and I am really pleased with it. It is very constructive, and says exactly what the reader did and didn't like. It has really given me something to work on - complete re-write and it looks like I'll have to ditch what I thought was the best character! I am just hoping that it doesn't contradict what the second reader thinks - then I'll be in a quandary!

Good point about the second reader. The critiques were done entirely independently. The upside is you won't get a lazy rehash of one analysis, the downside is that yes, you may well get contradictory views.

Comedy is so subjective. Some people think that Miranda's the greatest sitcom ever aired. Some can't stand
Alan Partridge.

Glad you're pleased with the feedback, and sorry that your best character didn't go down so well. I'd wait for the second analysis before reaching for the delete key.

*regrets not forking out for critique*

I'm running a marathon on Saturday... which means I won't be able to keep pressing "refresh" over and over again until I've safely crossed the finish line. Some extra motivation to get to the other end quicker then!! :D
Simon and Declan, I may be thanking you if I better my personal best.

Stick in critique, we'll all pile into it for free.

Quote: Welshy @ February 29 2012, 10:24 AM GMT

*regrets not forking out for critique*

I'm running a marathon on Saturday... which means I won't be able to keep pressing "refresh" over and over again until I've safely crossed the finish line. Some extra motivation to get to the other end quicker then!! :D
Simon and Declan, I may be thanking you if I better my personal best.

If there isn't a parallel/lesson here with running a marathon and writing I'll show my arse on the town hall steps.

Quote: sootyj @ February 29 2012, 10:29 AM GMT

Stick in critique, we'll all pile into it for free.

Excellent point about using the forum to get feedback. Get as much as possible.

Just be prepared to listen to it. We've had one (and only one) disgruntled customer who hated our feedback adding 'I've had similar feedback like this before.'

Doh!

Quote: simon wright @ February 29 2012, 11:28 AM GMT

We've had one (and only one) disgruntled customer who hated our feedback adding 'I've had similar feedback like this before.'

I blame 'The X-Factor'

I just received an email saying congratulations and included was a list of london hotels near the theater where the shows are being staged. :P

Did you enter an American competition?

Quote: andy hardaker @ February 29 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

I just received an email saying congratulations and included was a list of london hotels near the theater where the shows are being staged. :P

I just received an email from a Nigerian Solicitor saying that a Nigerian prince wanted to give me $1 million if I provide my bank details.

It was shortly followed by an email offering Penis Growth Hormones.

I just need the email telling me that I've won the Jackpot in the European Fake Lotery and I have the set.....

just make stuff up, it's what we do by default ;0)

and I can blame all and any spelling and grammatical errors on the fact my phone screen is smashed and covered in sticky tape.

I'd say that fewer than one in ten (maybe one in fifteen or so) bother to put their contact details on their script.

Anywhere.

It really helps.

Don't you automatically have contact details as they have emailed the script to you?

*andy stood in the background and watched as the questioning began and the witness crumbled at the first sign of any pressure*

Quote: simon wright @ February 29 2012, 2:27 PM GMT

I'd say that fewer than one in ten (maybe one in fifteen or so) bother to put their contact details on their script.

Anywhere.

It really helps.

Is a name and address sufficient? Bit worried that I didn't include my email address!