The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 41

Hey there! I literally have to write LOADS today as my pc broke and ive not been able to get much done, how do I submit and whats the cut off time today please!!!! thanks

John

Quote: Johnwb @ January 31 2012, 5:24 PM GMT

Hey there! I literally have to write LOADS today as my pc broke and ive not been able to get much done, how do I submit and whats the cut off time today please!!!! thanks

John

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/info/

Good luck John. Keep us informed throughout the night!

Hey guys,
Any chance of extending the deadline by one day for us self-employed people who've been submitting our online tax returns today?

Okay good stuff, a solid 5 hours haha god, be amazing if it did well! I hope its not remembered its me who has to do this and I get discriminated as it's got to be finalized quickly haha eeeek...15 minutes is around 20 pages right?

Well I've written it and it's sent. That's the quickest I've ever written a script. Can't believe I only found out about this Sitcom mission on the 20th January via my Comedy newsletter! Thought I might have had a notification e-mail to say it was on again since I entered last year. Just love this competition even though I never win. Keep up the great work Simon and Declan.

My sitcom is nearly ready and perfect in every way.... except it doesn't have an ending. Can I just write "Actors Improv" for the last few pages?

Quote: navigator99 @ January 31 2012, 5:30 PM GMT

Hey guys,
Any chance of extending the deadline by one day for us self-employed people who've been submitting our online tax returns today?

Sorry. We know the power of the deadline and we don't want to weaken it. We'll get hundreds of entries from people who would never have finished anything unless the deadline forced them to.

I've just done my tax. I don't understand how I can owe so much yet have so little.

Simon: If it's any consolation, those that have a lot pay very little. So, it all balances out in the end. ;)

How many pages are peoples scripts please?

Quote: Johnwb @ January 31 2012, 5:33 PM GMT

Okay good stuff, a solid 5 hours haha god, be amazing if it did well! I hope its not remembered its me who has to do this and I get discriminated as it's got to be finalized quickly haha eeeek...15 minutes is around 20 pages right?

I wouldn't go by page count; there are too many variables. Just read it aloud with a timer.

Hi there, I've paid the entry fee, and filled in the form but what do I do with the script!? Sorry if I'm being spectacularly stupid but - Help! I've Written a Script....

No worries Simon - I'll just have to up my game. Sod this two-finger typing - I knew I should have mastered the voice recognition software...

Excerpt from the Sitcom Mission entry form

'I have read & followed the guidelines
(If you haven't followed the guidelines your script stands no chance of being selected)' - Check

'I have read & agree to The Sitcom Mission Rules' - Check

'My script is polished to within an inch of its life... and it's funny!' - Damn. Knew I'd forgotten something.

Quote: navigator99 @ January 31 2012, 5:30 PM GMT

Hey guys,

Blimey. Am I the only idiot who submits my tax return on 6th April?

Yeah. I am, aren't I?

:D Yep!