The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 39

:P Snort, cough!

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 28 2012, 4:56 AM GMT

Maybe so. But most of those laughs will be gay laughs. Gay laughs are like dog years.

(This isn't homophobic, as I'm probably being ironic.)

Laughing out loud

Alfred I don't have 'Abs' or 'Flabs' so there, any contribution however will be seriously funny!, unlike your stuff ;)

Quote: simon wright @ January 27 2012, 6:48 PM GMT

A recent episode of Will & Grace got 124 laughs.

This quote only serves to remind us all how long Simon and Declan have been running this comp! :P

Seriously guys, there have been shows made in the past 5 years that have high laugh rates too...right?! :O ;)

Oh Angry back to this bloody script I spose. Does anyone here actually enjoy writing? I mean for more than a few odd hours? I despise its bitch-like fickle nature, making you feel great one day only to kick you in the nuts with glee the next. You go months loving what you've written then end up going 'Eh, why the f**k did I think that was funny?' on the final readthrough. Anyway, good luck everyone. :(

Quote: radiat10n @ January 28 2012, 11:55 AM GMT

This quote only serves to remind us all how long Simon and Declan have been running this comp! :P

Seriously guys, there have been shows made in the past 5 years that have high laugh rates too...right?! :O ;)

Not Going Out.

And Life's Too Short. I love it when the little guy falls over!

I have a writing blanket, cushion and mug. I wrap myself in the writing blanket, sit on the writing cushion (the chair is hard) and fill my writing mug with cafe noir. This has become somewhat of a ritual, has anyone else got rituals or am I exhibiting freakish traits?

Quote: simon wright @ January 27 2012, 6:48 PM GMT

I think there's been a misunderstanding about our guidelines, which state:

A recent episode of Will & Grace got 124 laughs. In 22 minutes. You've got 15 minutes, which means... oh, you do the maths.

This doesn't mean that you have to have a set number of laughs in your script.

I understand that there isn't a set amount of laughs, but it does wake you up to the fact that one a minute won't cut it.

Quote: radiat10n @ January 28 2012, 11:55 AM GMT

Of course there have been. And we really should remove that 'recent'. Have been absurdly busy and no longer have the energy to count the laughs while watching something. I did it back then as an experiment.

If one of you (an insomniac, perhaps?) would like to count laughs in something that's both current and a big hit we'd love to hear the result.

Quote: richiemoomoo @ January 28 2012, 5:39 PM GMT

I have a writing blanket, cushion and mug. I wrap myself in the writing blanket, sit on the writing cushion (the chair is hard) and fill my writing mug with cafe noir. This has become somewhat of a ritual, has anyone else got rituals or am I exhibiting freakish traits?

I always make a blood sacrifice of a young female virgin before sitting down to write. I hear Vince Powell used to do the same.

My ritual is having a nice pot of good quality strong coffee, BJORK's vespertine album on low with cold air blowing through. I can only write when cold as all my creative juices just flow from having erect nipples. Laughing out loud

Your erect nipples or Bjorks? I assume her are always like that, she is very creative.

Quote: Declan @ January 27 2012, 10:36 AM GMT

Gags? What are gags?

Here's our latest blog:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/40/

FYI - Regarding your blog and the loss of the BBC referral because you charge a fee - This link is from the BBC writersroom and there's a £17.50 entry fee for it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/one_act_playwrighting_comp.shtml

Cheers

Quote: Jon G @ January 29 2012, 6:32 PM GMT

FYI - Regarding your blog and the loss of the BBC referral because you charge a fee - This link is from the BBC writersroom and there's a £17.50 entry fee for it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/one_act_playwrighting_comp.shtml

Cheers

Thanks for this Jon, we'll investigate.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 29 2012, 3:37 PM GMT

Your erect nipples or Bjorks? I assume her are always like that, she is very creative.

I believe so! I wouldn't go anywhere without them up and out - never know when you need to be funny in person. ;)