The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 34

Quote: Lazzard @ January 18 2012, 11:00 PM GMT

keep it up.
The odds are improving by the minute.

Yeah, there'll be 27 entries.

Hey Si, let's not bother reading the entries this year, and putting live shows on, let's pick one at random, it'll save such a lot of work.

Why didn't we think of that...

Joking aside, and as a kind of warm-up for the main event, you ought to pull a random script out of the pile and perform it sight unseen.

You might be surprised at just how many laughs it gets.

Not 'good laughs', it has to be said.

Jinky, do that sitcom-writing competition and not only will I enter but I'll come to the first show.

1200 people enter and you pick out four scripts on the night.

The Sitcom Lottery: You've got to be in it to bin it.

Love it.

What if you end up with four limericks?

Quote: Jinky @ January 18 2012, 11:01 PM GMT

.assuming the script is drawn at random (as last year's winner appears to have been)

Bit mean, that.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 19 2012, 9:17 AM GMT

Bit mean, that.

Yes. It was!

But, on the other hand, as the script clearly wasn't chosen at random it could also be seen as a piece of surreal whimsy.

I see.

Is anybody else experiencing difficulties uploading their script? I've tried making two entries. With the first, my account has been debited so I'm assuming the script was succesfully uploaded, but I'm not certain of this.
The second, I just didn't seem to get anywhere at all with it. I've tried attaching as email attachments but will that invalidate entries as I haven't paid for the second entry?
Anyone got a fool proof guide? And how can I check theyv've been received.
Yes, I'm a techno-phobe and still like to write with paper and pen!

Smudger, If you click on 'enter your script now' and you see a link to your script with options to change other information I think its submitted. Thats what I'm going by anyway.

I think that screen gives you the option to update your details up to the closing date but if the link to your script is in there then it has been received.

Just to confirm- silver feedback folks have already paid the entry fee so just need to resubmit by the 31st?

Rich.

Rich, correct.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 19 2012, 9:17 AM GMT

Bit mean, that.

:O

Meanness? On the Internet?!

(Although I haven't seen it so he might be right)

Naah. Bang out of line. Or 'whimsically surreal' as it is now known.

Hi chums

Here's our latest blog:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/

Have fun.

Cheers, Declan