The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 36

Thanks for all your efforts, Mark. We owe you.

And when you've finished getting your entries into The Sitcom Mission, don't forget we're now inviting your entries for the next Sitcom Trials. Details are all over on the Sitcom Trials thread of BCG.

The deadline for entries is Feb 29th (yes, thanks to the Leap Year you get a whole extra day), then you the readers & writers will get to select the shortllist of scripts by voting online. The show takes place at the Wardrobe Theatre in Bristol on March 30th.

Entry is free (hooray!), there is no £5000 cash prize on offer for the winner (boo!), tickets to the show cost just £3 (wow!), and it's in Bristol (where?).

Kev F The Sitcom Trials

Hello Simon and Declan!

After a prolonged absence, I am proud to announce that I have just entered my new sitcom 'Erasmus' into the competition. Even with my own highly developed self critical analysis, I would have to say that it is probably the most offensive script I've ever written.

I would say enjoy, but that would presume a certain level of entertainment value and that you both enjoy gags about raping the handicapped - of which there are are two. I wanted to add more, but they might have drawn focus away from the molesting the elderly, dead prostitute and severe mental illness jokes.

Oh and good luck to everyone else entering The Sitcom Mission. Wave

Hi Renegade

Are you Gervais in disguise?

Quote: Declan @ January 23 2012, 9:31 PM GMT

Hi Renegade

Are you Gervais in disguise?

Yes, but without the faux irony and lazy writing.

Hello fellow Sitcom Missionaries. It's good to be back.

First script entered, second script pending.

I'm aware that the facility to add a second script is imminent, so I shan't nag... much.

What would be the best way to time your script. Read through by yourself, or with friends?
With a few pauses throw in for scene changes?
Is there an approx word count I should go for?

Public apologies to, and many thanks to, Mark - panic set in when I had trouble getting two entries uploaded, but I'm relaxed and ready for the green light to submit.Been a good experience in meeting deadline!May be crap - but I made the deadline.

Quote: Lincoln @ January 24 2012, 1:15 AM GMT

What would be the best way to time your script. Read through by yourself, or with friends?
With a few pauses throw in for scene changes?
Is there an approx word count I should go for?

Have friends read it aloud. You'll not only find out how long it runs, but you'll also see which bits are unspeakable. You'll see what isn't clear, what needs emphasising and what's been repeated.

And record it, of course. You'll probably be so nervous listening to people read your work that you won't take everything in.

OK, you've got me. How do I submit a second script? Because I'm a terrible miser I'd like to submit it before tomorrow's Penny Pincher deadline.

Hi guys

If you want to enter a second script, can you PM us on info@sitcommission.com and we'll send you a link to do so.

Penge, I've emailed you directly.

Cheers all

Declan

Simon - are you a dubbing mixer? That's not me being rude....well, it might be - to be honest I don't know what one is.

Anyway are you one? The recent "Milton Jones' House of Rooms" was dubbing-mixed by a Simon Wright.

Quote: Frantically @ January 24 2012, 9:40 PM GMT

Simon - are you a dubbing mixer? That's not me being rude....well, it might be - to be honest I don't know what one is.

Anyway are you one? The recent "Milton Jones' House of Rooms" was dubbing-mixed by a Simon Wright.

No, Frantically. Wish I was-regular income etc.

I'm the actor. Just done an Upstairs Downstairs.

I've just uploaded my script; Pete & Anna, (I'm annoyed at this due to it originally being called Him & Her which suited the idea of the characters - grr!!!) showcasing my characters in their most awkward and embarrassing situation. I thought I'd send a mid-series story idea this time around as last year I entered a series opener for a different comedy piece.

I just hope the staging can be simple as I've done showcases before and there's no need to show an actual bed - so on the rules I hope it wouldn't matter for mine. The humour and characters are all there without the need for a major set. And I really don't mind changing lines around to accompany any 'alternative props' :D

Ste
Ps. Hello everyone - I'm new 'ere!

Why didn't you just call it Her & Him? :)

Dan

PS Hi!