The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 35

I'm having the same problem others have mentioned with reading the e-book on a Kindle - random blank pages and lists that are presumably supposed to be in columns.

I am not going to admit to how far I have or have not got with my script but am quietly confident that I will somehow magically finish it in time, even though I only decided on the basis of the plot this morning. At least I already know my characters really well.

If you follow Declan on facebook you will know that the all purpose set design features a door and a bush made out of Lego.

OK I have now completed my entry for the 2012 Sitcom Mission Comedy Writing Competition. I assume it's OK just to post it here as I can't be arsed to read the rules. I hope I win.

There once was a young* sitcom writer
Who wanted her script to be tighter
She cut it right down
To a dumb miming clown
And her chances of winning got brighter

(but only if she was willing to supply the costume)

That took you eight hours?!

Dan

Going to finish my full script this week ( after rewriting the first quarter) and then format it to fit the competition's requirements. May cut the sea battle and lunar mission scenes.

Quote: Otterfox @ January 18 2012, 1:47 PM GMT

....Just hope its funny and good. I've been analysing it so much I've lost sense of whats funny and whats not.

I hear ya.

Quote: seascribe venus @ January 21 2012, 12:04 AM GMT

Lego.

<3

Advice, please? Don't know if it's my browser, but I couldn't find where to upload the script ... I've paid, but nowhere to upload the script. Typed in the logline etc. Where's the uploading bit?

Not user friendly at all. I've tried submitting two scripts, made payment for one, so I don't know which has been uploaded and which hasn't :(

I'd suggest people keep hold of their scripts/money until these problems have been sorted out.

Smudger, email info@sitcommission.com and they will sort you out.
They are hoping to have a facility in place by end of weekend to upload more than one script.

Glad I'm not gonna be going for the early bird now (payday being shifted before Christmas - money has to stretch 6 weeks aghh). Though I suppose it will be fixed soon anyway people!

I did mine in November, no probs then. Everything was very straight forward.

Hmm... maybe I just missed it. At what point do you upload the script file?

Hey, I can hardly remember what. I had for lunch. So a few months...

Isn't there a box where you put your name, title and short descripition and then there is a place under that to add file?

Hello everyone. Sorry to the one or two of you who are having trouble uploading your scripts. Most people have had no problems at all and remarked it is a smooth and easy process.

Dionisio79: Following the PayPal screen you should have been taken back to the site to a page that will let you upload. Maybe PayPal didn't redirect you... in which case if you could just forward your PayPal email invoice (if you still have it) to contact@comedy.co.uk I'll get it sorted for you within 12 hours.

smudger: The option to enter a second script on your account will be ready by the end of the weekend (as I have explained to you via email three times now in under 48 hours). Please do bear with us.

Hi Mark, Great, thanks. Email on its way. Yeah, Paypal didn't redirect.