2 Point 4 Children Page 3

Having just freshly watched Series 1 and 2, I have nothing against Clare Woodgate.

Quote: zooo @ November 4 2011, 1:08 AM GMT

First one:

Second one:

Do you think anyone noticed she'd changed?

Absolutely hated and despised 2.4 Children! I watched every episode :)

It's a shame Gary Olsen died at the very young age of 42.

RIP Gary, we miss you. Teary

Edited by Aaron.

Did an episode have a giant sphere chasing someone? Having horrible being very scared childhood flashbacks... what year was it, if anyone knows? I was probably old enough that this'll turn out to be embarrassing!

Sounds a very 2point4 Children thing to do, yes. Not sure when it'd be from, but I'm half-way through watching Series 3, which is 1993, and haven't come across it as yet.

Ta, keep me posted! Hope you see it soon or it is indeed getting into embarrassing territory

That episode you're on about is in Series 5.

Thanks! Is it as creepy as I remember? Do you know what year that was?

Series 5 was broadcast in 1995.

Who was it chasing?
What was it?
I don't remember it at all!

That's 'cos you've blocked it from your mind because it gave you nightmares! Or that might just be me... aged well over what I thought :$

I think it's called Seven Dials.

Sounds creepy to me

Yup it was 'Seven Dials' in Series 5, the main reference of the ep being the series 'The Prisoner', which was the latest cult show obsession of Ben's nemesis Jake.

When Ben was accidentally knocked out in the cafe, Jake kidnapped him in revenge for an earlier prank and took him to Portmeirion in Wales, where the show was filmed. The balloon was one of the most famous features of 'The Prisoner', acting as a security system to prevent people from escaping 'the village', so Jake took advantage of that to antagonise Ben. ;)

More on the balloon here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_%28The_Prisoner%29

I've been to Portmeirion and you can buy a large white balloon for £25 :P

There is zero chance of me clicking on that link, nightmare-meister!

Thanks for the info though :)