2 Point 4 Children Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2010, 2:09 PM BST

Your "Sherlockien powers of deduction" need fixing. If a crush is affecting his view of the series, I suspect it'd be for David, the son.

(And the character was the mother's best friend, not sister.)

(Back-peddling) A crush doesn't have to be sexual of course!

Sister/best friend, you can't get a cigarette paper between them really, can you. Whistling nnocently

Lmao

Well, I really don't know why I like it as much as I do.

I got into it quite by accident in 1994 when I was 10, the same time as I started to watch Birds of a Feather, Absolutely Fabulous, Friends, Goodnight Sweetheart.

It made me laugh, simple as that. Looking at it now, it is well written, well (or at least at times half decently) acted, the characters aren't one dimensional idiots and the storylines (mainly in the first 3 series) can be about serious issues as well as the funny, idiotic, crazy stuff.

It's got something that I like anyway, even if I can't work out exactly what it is.

Probably the same reason I like Roseanne so much.

In reference to the crush theory, well all I have to do now is turn on Hollyoaks..............

I know exactly why I liked this as much as I did: Belinda Lang. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Belinda Lang.

Talking of locations, I came across them filming this in Reading once long ago. I think it was my first shock introduction to how incredibly f*ing tedious and dull filming anything on single cam can be. It wasn't even worth hanging around for for Belinda Lang.

I would have liked to have seen the studio filming. Would love to see Miranda come to think of it.

Tickets for Miranda should come up within the next month or two I think.

Apparently showing again on G.O.L.D at 9am and 3pm.

GET IT OUT ON DVD!

Quote: David Carmon @ November 2 2011, 10:34 PM GMT

Apparently showing again on G.O.L.D at 9am and 3pm.

GET IT OUT ON DVD!

Yep, caught it by accident the other day. I hadn't seen it since it was on in the 90s.

Weird seeing all those faces I'd forgotten about. I used to watch it when I was a nipper too.

I saw one yesterday. It was one of the episodes with that creepy storyline with the weird motorcyclist.
Freaked me out when I was little, that did.

Series 1! His name is Angel. Played by Ray Polhill.

They're going at least up to series 4, hopefully they will show all 8. 2Entertain really need to get their arses in gear and get it on DVD. Especially as it's now 20 years since it started. F**k I feel old.

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2011, 11:39 PM GMT

Series 1! His name is Angel. Played by Ray Polhill.

The storyline was excellent in its wrongness.

That Angel crap is something I have never liked about it. It was a bit, well, shit really.

Plus Jenny #1 was a bit wooden, Jenny #2 was much better.

Youuuu, traitor!

(I can't actually remember which was which. I shall need pictures.)

Quote: David Carmon @ November 3 2011, 11:52 PM GMT

That Angel crap is something I have never liked about it. It was a bit, well, shit really.

I liked it because it was very dark and non-sitcom, and quite a weird, brave direction to go in. But it just unnerved me totally for the same reason.

Jenny #1 was the bright ginger, pale faced, miserable bitch in series 1&2 and Jenny #2 was from series 3-8 and alot happier, funnier and all round better actress. Jenny #1 even changed her appearance and name to try and get more roles. She was THAT crap.

Ahh, got it now.

First one:

Second one:

I liked them both. Second one was a twin and both were in Grange Hill, aaaand she went out with Dec. :O
I liked the first one, she had spunk! As they say.