Newsjack - Series 5 Page 18

oh my God I got something in. That's made my month!

Quick bit of liasing with BBC towers revealed they took a line from a sketch and turned it into an app.

Obviously not a funny line but just in case you were in any doubt they really do read everything that's sent in.

Congrats to all those who got the e-mail of success. Look forward to hearing who wrote what after the show.

Quote: StephenM @ September 15 2011, 5:51 PM BST

Quick bit of liasing with BBC towers revealed they took a line from a sketch and turned it into an app.

Obviously not a funny line but just in case you were in any doubt they really do read everything that's sent in.

Congrats to all those who got the e-mail of success. Look forward to hearing who wrote what after the show.

I'm sure it was a funny line or they wouldn't have bothered plucking it out of your sketch in the first place.

Is the 'close but no cigar' email new, I don't recall anybody getting one of those last series? In any case my stuff was too rubbish to be recorded let alone edited out later...but week 5's my week...

Congrats to all who did make the cut, looking forward to hearing your efforts!

I've got it before in series 1 when something similar happened to me.

I should also say I have got some things on too and I'm not the Pippa Middleton of the Newsjack world!

Confirmation email?? I didn't get a confirmation email - does that mean I sent it to the wrong place?

Which is worse - I'm too stupid to write anything worth using or too stupid to send it off Eh?

Quote: Trabs @ September 15 2011, 9:29 AM BST

I also did a Strictly type sketch for criminal sentencing hosted by Brucie. We may have to see each other in court Big Jack.

Oh dear. Did you get a credit? I thought I was being so original...

Quote: Daveeff @ September 15 2011, 8:03 PM BST

Confirmation email?? I didn't get a confirmation email - does that mean I sent it to the wrong place?

There's probably loads of reasons an autoreply wouldn't be sent, especially if you sent on the Sunday. But just incase I'm sending from my work email next week.

Quote: Big Jack @ September 15 2011, 9:24 PM BST

Oh dear. Did you get a credit? I thought I was being so original...

I didn't get a credit. I thought I was being original too...and funny. At least it looks like you've succeeded on the later.

First kick in the bollocks for me from Newsjack series 5.

Quote: Daveeff @ September 15 2011, 8:03 PM BST

No. Not everybody gets the autoreply email.

In fact (ramps up tension) I think the times when I managed to get stuff on the show where also the times when I didn't get the autoreply.....

My most treasured email was the one that told me I was had a credit on that week's show but when I listened I couldn't hear anything that was even vaguely close to what I had sent in.

Maybe my sketches were the first to use 'the' and 'and', etc......

Gosh - they do do an edit don't they?! Think most of my best gags were taken out.

But hey, it's 30 quid.

Whoever wrote the 'motherboard' sketch wins the 'King of the Show' award.

don't think the tone of the show has changed that much since last series

Was there a thread somewhere to compare what we've submitted to what gets broadcast?

e.g. I sent
"Alisha:
There is only one word for it - criminal! The arms were all wrong - you should have had some sort of baton at least, or a half brick; the timing was slow - you needed to get out before the police arrived."

which became

"Alisha:
There is only one word for it - criminal! Your hands were all wrong - you should know that you need to wear gloves. etc"

Think my best gag which was cut was (from the same speech) "It was unfortunate you tripped in the middle - being too stoned to use your Blackberry clearly affected your ability to co-ordinate with your partner."

Quote: Jinky @ September 15 2011, 10:51 PM BST

Whoever wrote the 'motherboard' sketch wins the 'King of the Show' award.

My favourite gag was in the And Finally..., the hurricane katia warning being upgraded. Was that someone on here?

I got a quick one liner in a jackapp - randomly they chose a middle eastern accent to say it in - but it's nice hearing your words on radio.

Agree that tone is v.similar and I too really liked the Hurricane and finally.

Whoever wrote the CSI/Police thing will be laughing all the way to the bank though.

Quote: comedyoflife @ September 16 2011, 9:26 AM BST

I got a quick one liner in a jackapp - randomly they chose a middle eastern accent to say it in - but it's nice hearing your words on radio.

Well he was supposed to be a shop keeper, wasn't he?