Newsjack - Series 5 Page 15

Sent a few one liners at 4.59.
So I'm in!

Must try to write some sketches for future eps.
I need to have a good boring think about how best to do Topical.

Rub it in your skin?

Haha

Thank you very much "sootyj" "jinky" "swerytd" "StephenM" "Mr Writer" and "Big Jack" (I hope I haven't missed anyone out)for all your advice and opinions on the questions I raised(and especially for the link,"StephenM"). Very much appreciated.

I'll take it all on board, then swear, sulk and quit after getting nothing on the first show. :D

Good luck on wednesday people!

I sent in a couple of one liners too.

How many one-liners are people submitting? I've done about 8, is that too much/little?

12 that's the figure people seem to mention nd too much stuff always pisses off script readers

I've had no inspiration this time, so sent nilch.

Cheers Soots, I hope they apprecaite the quality rather than the quantity :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 13 2011, 10:36 PM BST

I've had no inspiration this time, so sent nine.

Same here

Quote: Nogget @ September 13 2011, 3:48 PM BST

Do you get your stuff proof-read? It might be just that they don't understand your work because of bad smelling.

You cannot overestimate the importance of good poof-reading.

Maybe my final total of 29 was over-egging it ?

I sent off 8, basically trying to cover a lot of bases...

The problem is this week had a complete lack of a dominant news story, so I imagine it will be down to the NJ team to see what one-liners will resonate with the listening public...(that basically consists of people that have written for the show and their families).

Good luck to everyone - make sure you get your stuff posted in "newsjack rejects" so we can all share the pain.

do you find out wednesday or thursday if you've got something?

Thursday

Quote: blahblah @ September 14 2011, 3:54 PM BST

do you find out wednesday or thursday if you've got something?

Usually Thursday, although if someone is going to tonight's recording, you can always see if your sketch was at least performed on the night. It still might get edited out, but at least you know how far you got.