Newsjack - Series 5

Do any of you lovely people know if there's a series 5 of Newsjack planned?

Yes there is! It'll be in September. Ish.

Excellentish! Ta

May also be Newsjack events in Edinburgh. Will post more details as available.

Oh good.

It has been confirmed - Series 5 of Newsjack will begin on 15th September, according to Dan Tetsell's Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/tetsell/status/99524928818249730

not long then. pleased it's coming back never had anything on but got a good feeling about series 5! the same feeling I had for series 3 and 4 but still give it a go

Don't worry. It took me all the way to series four before I got anything on, then I got two things on the same episode (one sketch, one one-liner).

Here is the sketch I sent in that got picked, complete with edits that were made to it by the BBC to give you an idea of the editing process.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/20167#P726851

Thanks Ian. I remember the sketch from the show. Very good

Quote: blahblah @ August 5 2011, 7:50 PM BST

Thanks Ian. I remember the sketch from the show. Very good

And thanks for remembering my sketch. Pleased

The NewsJack Twitter feed sprung into life yesterday so the countdown has begun.

Apaprently new features and new writing brief to go up soon so stand by your web browsers.

And I'm guessing Dan Tetsell must be back for Series 5 as he was tweeting a lot about it yesterday too.

does anyone know how many listeners Newsjack gets?

I'm not sure. You could ask them via their Twitter account, or if they hold one of their Q&As again.

Yes, that sketch stuck in my mind too, great stuff! Ian also put up his script along with their modifications, essential reading.
Best of luck if you're going for this again! I've had one-liners on BBC Radio Wales / Scotland but never had owt on Newsjack, but I'll def give it a go again.

Quote: blahblah @ August 6 2011, 11:28 AM BST

does anyone know how many listeners Newsjack gets?

Not many is the simple answer. I think most people do it in the hope of going on to bigger things. A 2009 survey says that only 2% of the population listen to (what was then) Radio 7, or 984,000 people, slightly more than the population of Birmingham.