Newsjack - Series 5 Page 11

Sir! Sir! Trabs isn't doing his work sir, he's sending sketches to the BBC and smoking!

It's no big deal. That heart operation practically did itself.

Got 1 sketch in this week, on "recessions" - semi happy with it, not sure it's "punchy" enough and the concept is a little loose, but I broadly like the angle I've taken.

On to one liners now, got two I'm happy with and about 5 I'm not. The ones I'm happy with go straight to the top, might consider just not sending the one's I'm unhappy with.

I've avoided Gadaffi as I imagine they'll be loads of material on that. Best of luck to everyone submitting, looking forward to hearing the tales of success and misery!

Whats the maximun number of one liners one can send?

Quote: Trabs @ September 12 2011, 11:28 AM BST

It's no big deal. That heart operation practically did itself.

Sir! Sir! Trabs is doing open heart surgery in rugby! And he's drawn a picture of a cock on his desk!

Quote: sootyj @ September 12 2011, 11:53 AM BST

Whats the maximun number of one liners one can send?

Doesn't say there's a limit on the site but does refer to putting 12 in the same document.

Managed a little piece on the new Met chief. Will work on the other ideas for NR and RR. Just waiting for the robot.

Three sketches I really like sent off, auto-reply received and it's only 11:59.

I'm going to bask in the glow of achievement that Monday brings before bitter reality kicks in later in the week.

Do they let you know beforehand, if they are using any of your stuff ? I know they don't let you know about rejections (even though I at least send gf's a text msg to say it's over).

Just one sketch for me - a movie trailer for the 'Inbetweenies'.

Quote: Humberfloob @ September 12 2011, 12:28 PM BST

Just one sketch for me - a movie trailer for the 'Inbetweenies'.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Park Bench @ September 12 2011, 12:27 PM BST

Do they let you know beforehand, if they are using any of your stuff ? I know they don't let you know about rejections (even though I at least send gf's a text msg to say it's over).

Yup I think it might be Wednesday or Thursday.

Yeah, they email everybody who has got something into the finished show, usually late afternoon on a Thursday; the episode guide is also updated around this time with a full list of writers for the show.

(even though I at least send gf's a text msg to say it's over).

:D You're on fire today PB ;)

A new blog post about the series has been written by Gareth Gwynn on the Writers' Room blog.

I wrote two sketches, had ideas for a few more but not the time to work them through properly. In a departure from my usual style, I added jokes and even a punchline to one of my sketches... I'll send a bunch of one-liners tomorrow.

I've got tickets to the recording on Wednesday, anyone going?

Just applied, Charlie Bucket style.
Not that Charlie Bucket applied for his tickets. You know what I mean.