Newsjack - Series 5 Page 16

Okay, I've already written my first gag for next week. Hope it has more legs than my previous efforts, on the assumption that they were cr*p.

Anybody go to the recording? Any good?

More to the point, any sketches about televising court proceedings in a Strictly Come Dancing format? He asked, desperately.

I went to the recording tonight. If you don't want to know which sketches were on, look away now.

Three David Walliams runners,including him being interviewed after finishing his swim when he can barely speak, and another where Sophie Dahl wants him to swim on behalf of the campaign for Roald's shed.

Three runners about London police consulting different CSI DVD's to try to solve crimes.

An interview with the head of the Bank of England describing the banking changes to an incomprehending interviewer, explaining that basically they've just moved the Bureau de Change.

Strictly Come Dancing judges give their views on the right sentences for rioters. I would guess that's yours, Big Jack, unless someone else had a v.similar idea.It certainly went down well.

The two computers who had a row with each other turn out to be an unhappy couple, with the female complaining "I should have listened to my motherboard."

Ed Milliband gets trained by a old-style northern comedian in how to deal with the TUC.

Greg Wallace gives the Masterchef treatment to the new version Brown Sauce.

James Murdoch is summonsed on the phone by an MP to return to give evidence, but claims to be unable to recall anything of the earlier hearing.

Movie trailer involving Cameron.

Hovis-style ad for the British arms industry.

Woman from the Electoral Commission explains how they redrew the electoral map with the help of Gerald Scarfe, Tracey Emin and other artists.

From the Archive - a politician who had involvement with maid gets away with it, as it's clearly the maid's fault.

Tourist in Madame Tussauds is bemused by a room where all the celebrities are covered with white sheets due to super-injunctions.

George Osborne claims to be wholly concentrated on the economy, when he's actually playing computer games.

Man disappointed with his A level results. This was mine.

There were others, but I can't remember them all. They recorded quite a lot it seemed to me, so some will clearly get cut.

They did lots of Jack Apps and Corrections and some And Finally stuff. No Things We've Learned and Loosejack, as far as I remember. It's a bit of a nightmare trying to recall it all, I kept thinking "cuddly toy", probably a result of hearing Lewis McLeod's brilliant Brucie in the Strictly sketch.

Well done John, sounds like Sootyj is slinking off into the otuter drkness once again shaking his fist.

add my shaking fist to that too. my sketches were movie trailer "
Rebels vs goths", interview with a spy, and interview with gaddafi where he keeps refering to american sitcoms - any of them recorded? - he asks through tears already knowing the answer!

Quote: John Kelly @ September 15 2011, 12:14 AM BST

Strictly Come Dancing judges give their views on the right sentences for rioters. I would guess that's yours, Big Jack, unless someone else had a v.similar idea.It certainly went down well.

Wow. If that's not mine I'll sue! Was quite short though (I've been listening to all the blogs and guidance on cutting out all the clutter and keeping it simple) and I didn't include the "cuddly toy" - had the idea for the generation game conveyor juxtaposed with rioters booty approximately 3 mintues after I hit "send" on my email - but then they have been known to add stuff.

Sorry, don't recognise any of those Blahblah, though I don't recall everything.

Don't worry, BigJack, they didn't introduce a Generation Game conveyor belt into the sketch. It was just that, after hearing Lewis MacLeod's manic Brucie, I kept hearing him say "cuddly toy" in my head when I was trying to remember all the sketches,

Cheers John.

Those all sound like pretty funny premises for sketches.

Great overview - glad to see at least two BCG posters got a sketch into the show, congratulations!!! fingers crossed you make the cut.

Like most people I expect I'll be disappointed, that said, will still be tuning in to understand the "tone" of the new show - and then next week, well who knows!

I also did a Strictly type sketch for criminal sentencing hosted by Brucie. We may have to see each other in court Big Jack.

Quote: John Kelly @ September 15 2011, 7:51 AM BST

Sorry, don't recognise any of those Blahblah, though I don't recall everything.

I'm very impressed with the amount you DID recall, even if saddened by the lack of anything that sounds like what I sent in (It's a bit like hearing the Lotto numbers without having your ticket to hand and knowing you don't have 3 of them, but holding out hope you have the other 3 and might still get £10 quid out of it!).

thanks John. Congrats to all who got things in. I'm looking forward to see the new tone of the show

None of my sketches were mentioned above by the looks of things.

Looks like I've drawn a blank too. In hindsight, maybe my material wasn't that good. I'll just have to try harder next week.

You're spot on about Hindsight PB - I was really happy with the Sketch I submitted, but now (knowing it didn't make it) I'm looking at it totally differently...I've seen several things I could improve.

This is what it's all about and I know it will make me a better writer, you've got to work at your craft.

"Try again. Fail again. Fail better" - Samuel Beckett