Campus - Series 1 Page 7

It was better this week. Less relentlessly unpleasant, with more to offer. Although that didn't stop me from getting a bit bored and stop watching halfway through.

Quote: swerytd @ April 12 2011, 12:03 PM BST

Well, I liked it. Lots of it was the same as the pilot, so I feel like I've only seen one and a half episodes so far. But, that said, it was likeable and funny enough for me to keep watching. And I like the vibe.

Who's that athletic kid though? Two university sitcoms come along and he's in both of them already?

Dan

Wasn't the ginger haired kid that asked a question in that same uni sitcom?

Good to see Sara Pascoe in there.

I can't be arsed to read all of the comments, so can someone sum up the general consensus? I bloody love it. Really love it. First episode got me all excited (in a non sexy way).

Quote: Nat Wicks @ April 13 2011, 12:33 AM BST

I can't be arsed to read all of the comments, so can someone sum up the general consensus?

"Meh."

Oh :(

What Andrew Collins thinks: http://wherediditallgorightblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/whats-that-coming-over-the-hill/

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 13 2011, 3:43 PM BST

What Andrew Collins thinks: http://wherediditallgorightblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/whats-that-coming-over-the-hill/ Dan

A fair summing up of what's wrong with Campus.

I'm not so sure Herr CHip - his analysis is all based on sitcom. But to be fair Campus is a bit of an extended sketch show with returning characters and situations is it not?

Quote: Marc P @ April 13 2011, 4:06 PM BST

I'm not so sure Herr CHip - his analysis is all based on sitcom. But to be fair Campus is a bit of an extended sketch show with returning characters and situations is it not?

I take your point, and in a sense it works better in little chunks than as a whole, but each episode does have an overriding story, no matter how pefunctory. I guess there's an argument to be made that both this and Green Wing fall into that weird League of Gentlemen sitcom/sketch show hybrid.

Episode 2 was alright. Had some good ideas, with the trying to save money, but I thought it could have been executed better to be honest.

I thought the VC's 'god' character's authority was lost a bit this week; like he wasn't really sure what he was doing, whereas in ep 1 (and pilot) you just didn't mess with him.

Dan

That's it, I've watched my twenty minutes of Campus for the week. It's enough for me.

Was not looking forward to it, but I've really enjoyed this week's so far. It's picked up some of the spark that Green Wing had. I still fear it may be too little, too late, though.

Quote: Marc P @ April 13 2011, 4:06 PM BST

At least with The League of Gentlemen they didn't try to pretend it was a sitcom when it wasn't.
That's why I never really liked Green Wing that much.

You didn't like a show because it was classified as a genre you thought it wasn't...? :/

Well... I liked the toasting crumpet/screensaver gag...

Errr

Ner-night! Wave