Campus - Series 1

It looks like they are talking about Campus tonight on Radio 4's Front Row. The programme starts at 19.15, but no doubt it will be talked about much later what with them covering the death of Elizabeth Taylor.

I've seen a few ads popping up on TV the last couple of days for this.

A review of it has already been written.

http://www.beehivecity.com/television/new-comedy-campus-to-make-a-first-class-debut-on-channel-4-26362/

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 23 2011, 7:18 PM GMT

A review of it has already been written. http://www.beehivecity.com/television/new-comedy-campus-to-make-a-first-class-debut-on-channel-4-26362/

Not really a review, more PR puff piece.

Probably. Anyway, for those interested the series begins with a 70 minute long episode on 5th April at 22.00.

70 Minutes?! Good lord.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 23 2011, 7:41 PM GMT

Probably. Anyway, for those interested the series begins with a 70 minute long episode on 5th April at 22.00.

Oh, god, 70 minutes! What's wrong with 30? :(

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2011, 7:43 PM GMT

Oh, god, 70 minutes! What's wrong with 30? :(

What I heard was that it was going to be 45 minutes. I guess they never mentioned they would be putting in ads.

The pilot show was piffle, worse than Green Wing.

I think I can sum up all the reactions to this show.

The people who will love Campus will be the same people who loved Green Wing.

The people who will hate Campus will be the same people who hated Green Wing.

The critics will all write off Campus for being too similar to Green Wing.

For those interested, the Front Row segement on Campus is an interview with Victoria Pile, which is on 16.30min through.

I loved "Green Wing" but really couldn't get into the pilot episode of "Campus", so I'm not entirely sure where I fit in Mr Wolf's classification.

I thought Green Wing was okay, but the bloated running time did make it hard work to watch each episode in one sitting. I had to wait for the DVD then carve the episodes into easily digestible chunks.

Loved Green Wing, wasn't all that keen about the pilot of this, but I'm still looking forward to giving it a watch. I remember not taking to Green Wing during its first episode, either.

Green Wing had a great cast. Campus just has Andy Nyman and a bloke who once slept with John Lucas. Still, I'll give it a whirl.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 24 2011, 12:58 PM GMT

Loved Green Wing, wasn't all that keen about the pilot of this, but I'm still looking forward to giving it a watch.