Campus - Series 1 Page 8

Quote: Aaron @ April 19 2011, 11:30 PM BST

You didn't like a show because it was classified as a genre you thought it wasn't...? :/

No I didn't like it because I thought it was a sitcom, and then when I watched it, it was just a load of sketches strung together, most of which seemed that they had been made up as they went along.

I think there was supposed to be a fair bit of improv in it. Still haven't seen the second one, think I'll have to watch it on my own!

Yes once I realised it was meant to be a semi improvised stylised sketch show then I gave it another go & didn't mind it as much.
The episodes are a bit too long though.

I thought that was the best episode so far. Now that they have brought in the new character, George, you begin to feel sympathy for Jonty as he tries his best to save Kirke.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 20 2011, 11:27 AM BST

I thought that was the best episode so far. Now that they have brought in the new character, George, you begin to feel sympathy for Jonty as he tries his best to save Kirke.

Do you? Do you really?

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 20 2011, 11:40 AM BST

Do you? Do you really?

To be honest, no-one really cares. Just saw the ratings for last night's episode - 380,000. Wouldn't be surprised if the show gets moved to a graveyard slot now. Then again this does not tend to be a thing that Channel 4 does to my knowledge.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 20 2011, 11:45 AM BST

To be honest, no-one really cares. Just saw the ratings for last night's episode - 380,000. Wouldn't be surprised if the show gets moved to a graveyard slot now. Then again this does not tend to be a thing that Channel 4 does to my knowledge.

Campus. The new Outcasts.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 20 2011, 11:45 AM BST

They did it with The Event. Before Christmas it was in the primetime Friday night 9pm slot. Now it resides somewhere around midnight on Mondays.

What surprises me is that the Green Wing team were given so much leeway to make such a clunky viewer-unfriendly mess. I mean even before any of us had seen it we were bemoaning how long it was. Even Stott!

I thought episode 3 was much better than episode 2. It could do with more of a kind of build up, rather than it all being so haphazard.